Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectnew guy from jersey
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=348
348, new guy from jersey
Posted by luketalon95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whats goin on i have a 95 talon esi stock with intake and suspension mods... decided to join since apparently my car isnt a dsm to some of the other eclipse/talon owners with 4g63's on other forums so whats gooooooooooood
349, RE: new guy from jersey
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by luketalon95
whats goin on i have a 95 talon esi stock with intake and suspension mods... decided to join since apparently my car isnt a dsm to some of the other eclipse/talon owners with 4g63's on other forums so whats gooooooooooood

welcome fellow jersey member. There are quite a few 4g63 dsm'ers around who are fairly welcome to the 420a (or at least to mine) Whereabouts in jersey are you from?
350, RE: new guy from jersey
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

1. Don't sweat it, 4g guys are always going to hate on your 420a.
2. PUNCTUATION! I almost passed out while trying to read that aloud. ;)
3. Welcome.
351, RE: new guy from jersey
welcome fellow jersey member. There are quite a few 4g63 dsm'ers around who are fairly welcome to the 420a (or at least to mine) Whereabouts in jersey are you from?

From 908 im on njtuners i think i recognize your sig and evslo requested i talk to you about my car since you obviously know a thing or two about boosting a 420a
354, RE: new guy from jersey
From 908 im on njtuners i think i recognize your sig and evslo requested i talk to you about my car since you obviously know a thing or two about boosting a 420a

O ok, I am now officially in the 908 area code, I just moved to the p-burg area. Do you have the same name on njtuners it looks familiar
355, RE: new guy from jersey
Yea its the same on njt... where's p-burg? Im in linden
356, RE: new guy from jersey
Yea its the same on njt... where's p-burg? Im in linden

damn, apparently the 908 area code is huge. I'm pretty much as far out on 78 as you can go before hitting PA
357, RE: new guy from jersey
Damn lol yea I didn't know it was that big either but anyways did you rebuild your engine before boosting it I have 127000 miles car still runs strong but I blew my head gasket so I have to go buy a repair manual and fix that
358, RE: new guy from jersey
Damn lol yea I didn't know it was that big either but anyways did you rebuild your engine before boosting it I have 127000 miles car still runs strong but I blew my head gasket so I have to go buy a repair manual and fix that

I did not rebuild my engine before boosting, BUT I always had coin in the bank to rebuild or at the very least get a used running motor to drop in. When boosting these cars with a stock bottom end you have to expect them to blow, b/c eventually they all seem to. For some it's after a month and for others its after several years. I boosted mine at ~105k miles and it has about 121k now. It's been boosted for going on 3 years. I'm usually easy on it and I'm careful with it (ie always keeping an eye on my gauges)

Replacing your HG isn't too bad, I just did mine this past summer more so with the help of this site than a repair manual. I had to do mine twice due to mine own fault, but if you follow a few of the threads on here it's pretty straight forward. As a matter of fact you don't even have to buy one, there's a link floating around here in the wiki for the factory service manual.

FSM:

http://az2gnt.net/FSM/2gnt_420a_overhaul.pdf

Other helpful links for changing your HG:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/rebuild.html

http://www.geocities.com/eclipsed4evr98/Timingbeltprocedure.html

If you popped your HG, have your head checked out to make sure it is FLAT. It'll probably need to be milled down a bit.

Also where's the leak coming from, driver side rear? That's a common spot for them to leak which can be alleviated by cutting a few threads off of a stock head bolt or using studs depending on your budget.
360, RE: new guy from jersey
Great thanks for all the links...well im smokin like a motha and it seems as if my engine is over heating a guy at the shop said my head gasket was gone but there's nothing in my oil so I figured ill get a new hg and o rings and try my luck at stopping the smoke...I do notice there's what looks to be a leak right above my header ill try to get a pic of it up right now im at work
I generated this page in 0.0099620819091797 seconds, executing 7 queries.