Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectHello all im new to the group and dsm's
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=2366
2366, Hello all im new to the group and dsm's
Posted by Freshasfck, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd like to introduce myself to all you guys. My name is Sean or from now on Freshasfck. I got the username off the sticker on the front winshield of my 97 RS that I purchased a couple weeks ago. Don't ask me why it was there as many of you know previous owners do funny things to these cars.

Anyways I've wanted a 2g since around 99 when I was 14 and starting to look at cars. They just looked better than anything available and I never lost interest in them. To make a long story short life got in the way and I trashed several other types of vehicles and now here I am. I was in need of a daily driver and a post came up on facebook of someone selling a RS for best offer and I picked my new lady up for $700.

So far I've put on new tires, plugs, wires, coil pack and front roll stop and cleaned the IACV and throttle body along with a new TB gasket . Still trying to chase down a few minor problems but it's going well. Having a decent job helps alot with making the progress pretty fast. My next step is replacing the rear roll stop, upper intake manifold gasket and valve cover gasket.

That's it for now. I hope to be able to contribute on some level as I have gained plenty of info so far by lurking in the shadows.

Freshasfck
2370, RE: Hello all im new to the group and dsm's
Posted by bliixx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welcome to the forum. I too have been in love with the 2g's since I was a kid and now I've got 4 of them.. oops..

Look into the Prothane motor mount inserts for your ft/rr roll stops.
I've put them in a few and they are wonders. I've been meaning to get the Prothane engine/trans mounts as well...
I generated this page in 0.0086438655853271 seconds, executing 7 queries.