Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectHello from Germany
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=2295
2295, Hello from Germany
Posted by Th3DooM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello 2GNT-folks!

My Name is Robin and I'm from Germany. As you may know, in Germany 2G n/t was sold with an N/A 4G63. For my luck I bought an 98 Eclipse from an army guy near Frankfurt. After traveling 300 miles across the country and inspecting the car I found out it was a 420A! That makes me one of a few in good ol' Deutschland and even in Europe. Personally I know only 2 other guys with this engine.

That was about 3 1/2 years ago. Since that I replaced a lot of parts including the radiator, header, struts and springs and other minor stuff, most parts bought in the United States. I even started to buy stuff for a turbo built. But first, there is more maintenance planed like a complete timing job. Unfortunately it's really really hard to get parts over here. Sometimes it is cheaper to order from an american company including shipping, customs and taxes than getting the parts locally.

Enough of the wining, let's start the posting. After reading most of the articles on this site and other forums, I think I'm well prepared to start tough jobs on my car.

PS: Sorry for my probably bad english
PPS: Oh, I forgot a picture of my car. Here it is:

2296, RE: Hello from Germany
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welcome to 2GNT.

I'm curious how you're considering a turbosystem over there. I was under the impression TÜV compliance was mandatory and hard to get for mods (read: expensive). So much so that my Mitsu-Fruende buddies told me they don't even want to risk installing boost controllers on their Di-D CY0 Lancers.

Speaking of Mitsu-Fruende, are you on Mitsu-Talk.de? Good people there!
2297, RE: Hello from Germany
Well, it's all about connections. And when you do it right, there won't be a problem with TUV :) Upgrading your power means you have to upgrade your brakes, suspension...in Germany that's "supported by law". The problem is every surveyor evaluates a mod on a different way than the next one does. You just have to find the right one - the one who shares your hobby.
2298, RE: Hello from Germany
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welcome to 2GNT! Glad you finally made it.
2299, RE: Hello from Germany
Yeah I can't believe I didn't register earlier. There's such an unbelievable amount of info on this page... Thumbs up!
I generated this page in 0.0095541477203369 seconds, executing 7 queries.