Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectRe-Introducing myself on here.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=1978
1978, Re-Introducing myself on here.
Posted by likuitn, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
San Diego CA
98 RS aka "Tato"
190+k

Well I rescued my RS some 4 years back, and work on it, mechanically more than anything, and had an accident on the freeway, that put be back to step one.

After first rescue

After Accident

after some work

today i have it a little bit better, but people on my apartment complex keep denting my ends, !@$$!. oh well. but after the abuse that it has undergone in the past year(weekly commute of 500mi) my attention has to go to back to the engine. I'm looking to 'upgrade' my pulleys, i need to anyhow,does anyone know where a can get a good kit for it?

I'll post some pics of how it looks currently, after i wash it, some time this week.
1979, RE: Re-Introducing myself on here.
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude, please post pictures. That would be the best save ever.

And there is really only one pulley that can be replaced, the crank pulley.

Unothordox Racing is the only manufacturer right now (besides eBay pullies) IIRC. You can find a AFX used sometimes.

Welcome back!
1983, RE: Re-Introducing myself on here.
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Unothordox Racing is the only manufacturer right now (besides eBay pullies)

why does this motivate me to replicate it...
1984, RE: Re-Introducing myself on here.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
why does this motivate me to replicate it...

If you do, don't replicate the UR or AFX, replicate the customcargrills.com easy-on/easy-off pulley. So much better...
1985, RE: Re-Introducing myself on here.
Posted by likuitn, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well this is how it currently looks, im still a couple thousand dlls from where i want to be, i do most of the work myself, i just havent had time, or much money for that matter.

sorry about the glare i didn't notice it before the posting. You can notice the 'love bumps' my dear neighbors have left in the front and back bumper.

I'm really looking fwd,to sharing any progress, and learning from everyone's experience here.

I'll take some pics of the engine bay, i got to take care of power steering, dirty cooling system, loose water reservoir, pulley, and it needs some serious cleaning.

Also i'll share some pics of the suspension work i'll be doing soon, oh yeah, some underskirt pictures.want to do something serious, to withstand mountain road speeding conditions.
I generated this page in 0.008458137512207 seconds, executing 7 queries.