Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectHello from Arkansas
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=1909
1909, Hello from Arkansas
Posted by WORPeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My name is Justin. I am not new to the forums or scenes. I have a 95 Talon Tsi with awd conversion and stroker being fed by a Holset H1c and a 93 Honda Del Sol d16z6 being force fed by a small snail. I just picked up a 99 Eclipse Gs a week or so ago. It had a short ram and a Magna-flow exhaust and rims. It had a rod knock so I picked up a new motor for it yesterday with some go fast parts to add on.

Here is a list of the parts I picked up:
MSD coil
MSD 8.5mm wires
Clutch Masters stage 3
Pase Setter 4-2-1 header
AEM cold air intake

Here is a pic of it. The front bumpers is off of it cause i have to paint it. It was bought for the wife.

I will get more pics and get them posted after the motor is in and the car is runnin.
1910, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
welcome. Car looks nice, what rims are those? theres a LOT of info on here, all you have to do is know how to look for it :)
1911, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Posted by jdm1990, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
welcome! love the rims man.
1912, RE: Hello from Arkansas
All i know is they are Fusion. They where on the car when i got it. I told the wife she couldn't have them she was getting some stock ones. She told me if I let her keep them she would get me a set for mine when its running. Guess she don't think I'm goin to find some i want or she don't think it will ever be running.
1913, RE: Hello from Arkansas
haha. how bout some pictures of yours?
1914, RE: Hello from Arkansas
I dont have any yet I'll get some. It's not the prettiest thing, it's a project car.
1915, RE: Hello from Arkansas
no worries man. mine is a project to, as are many peoples eclipse's haha
1916, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Yeah ill see if i can get some over the next few days.
1917, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WORPeclipse
I dont have any yet I'll get some. It's not the prettiest thing, it's a project car.

Aren't they all? ;-)
1927, RE: Hello from Arkansas
I havent got around to gettin any pics yet. Been workin on the white one tryin to get it done. Should be done this weekend. Title never came in so I have to go file for a lost title monday.
1928, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Got it goin. Put a new motor in it. I think this one has some internal work one to it. It had AEM intake, MSD coil, MSD wires, Pacesetter header, Clutch Masters stage 3 clutch, on the motor when i picked it up, Its runnin real smooth but sounds like has a set of cams in it, and it seems to have alot more power than any other 420a car i have drove. Paid $300 for motor with all parts on it already. Ordered a set of plugs one step hotter, they are NGK BKR5ES. Also ordered a new clutch master cylinder pedal is real low and has fluid leakin out inside the car. Got some of the engine bay cleaned up. Gettin a st of gst side skirts for it from a friend. My camera is misplaced at the moment once it is found i will get some pics of it back together and the engine bay. After all is said and done I have $1200 in the 99 Eclipse. Well worth it i believe.
1929, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Welcome, nice find and nice work.
1930, RE: Hello from Arkansas
Thanks man. I got it all together. Had to put a new fuel filter in it. I keep havin a gas fumes smell inside the car I cant find out where its comin from. Also I have a random miss fire from time to time. I havent found a plug to put the MSD coil on my car as the wiring was diff. My heat aint workin that good. I think I dont have all the air out of the system yet. It will be idling just fine then all of a sudden it will drop real low on RPM's and almost die then go back to be fine.
I generated this page in 0.01145601272583 seconds, executing 7 queries.