Go back to previous topic
Forum nameIntroductions
Topic subjectNew to the site, GT3071R 420A from Rochester, NY
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=92&topic_id=1838&mesg_id=1838
1838, New to the site, GT3071R 420A from Rochester, NY
Posted by neonglh, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am new here to the site, and thought I would show this project car I bought. I have been racing neons and Evos for years now, and I just bough this 420A from a local forum, to fix up and then sell. Here is a little write-up I did for the car:

Not much was known about the car, other than the fact that the compression test is fine, but the leakdown is bad on cylinder 4, but I have since found out a bunch of info. The car does drive nicely though, and sounds bad ass with the cams in it!

First off, here are some pics:

Two owners ago, the car was turbo'd by Rick (Bald Turbo Freak). I contacted him, and found out a lot about the car. Anything he didn't know, I was able to look up parts and find out what all the car had. Here is a breakdown of what it has as it currently sits:

Engine:

<*> BC 272 cams
<*> Bald Turbo Freak ported head
<*> AEM Tru Time adjustable cam gears(-2 degree exhaust, -4 degree intake)
<*>Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Crank Pulley

Transmission:

<*> B&M short throw shifter

Turbo:

<*> Garrett GT3071R-WG, internally gated turbo
<*> Godspeed front mount intercooler
<*> Bald Turbo Freak intercooler piping
<*> Bald Turbo Freak cold air intake
<*> Blitz blow off valve
<*> Bald Turbo Freak ported intake manifold
<*> Bald Turbo Freak ported, cast log exhaust manifold with T3 adapter
<*> Bald Turbo Freak 3" downpipe and turboback exhaust

Electronics:

<*> Innovate LC-1 wideband sensor
<*> MS1 megasquirt piggyback

Wheels/Tires:

<*> V6 Mustang wheels with 205/65/15 Hakka 2 snow tires
<*> Tenzo wheels and tires

Suspension:

<*> Tokico shocks with some orange lowering springs

Body:

<*> VIS carbon fiber hood

The car is 100% rust free, and even the rubber under the hood is in perfect condition. Here is a shot of the engine bay (I have no clue why the 30R is blue).

My goal is to fix it up as nice as I can, and then either sell it as a whole, or part it out for the best profit. It could be a replacement for the SRT if I got it nice enough, but I think it will most likely just be a project / investment.

Should be fun to mess with, and it's certainly nice not messing with a rusty pile!

--mark
I generated this page in 0.0070059299468994 seconds, executing 6 queries.