Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Cast Tubular Manifold
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=99885&mesg_id=100662
100662, RE: Cast Tubular Manifold
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Things have developed significantly.

I originally wanted this manifold to accommodate ALL stock features (A/C, PS, fans, etc.). After measuring everything many times, and after giving it a lot of thought, I decided that the manifold will require you to ditch the stockers and convert to a pusher setup.

If you shop wisely, you should be able to find good fans for under $100... in the scheme of things, that really doesn't add much to the total cost of a turbo kit, and it affords a lot more space for a quality manifold.

The first templates for the kit will be completed within a week or so. The first cast manifolds should be available in 4-8 weeks after that, however, depending on the system my partner and I establish, I may need to set up a group buy transaction before ordering the batch.

On the other hand, another template will be shipped to another partner of mine to have a welded version made. These should be ready within 3 weeks after the template is shipped out. They'll be made of heavy gauge stainless (flanges and all), and professionally TIGd.

While the welded manifolds will be completed sooner, they'll probably cost twice as much. But they'll be reliable, and a good option for high horsepower applications. The cast manifolds, on the other hand, will also be extremely reliable, but also cost-effective, and better flowing than anything on the market now.

In any event, you guys will finally have options... log-style manifolds won't be the style anymore. The cast and welded versions will also be interchangeable (more or less), so you shouldn't have to reconfigure IC or exhaust piping if you decided to swap them out.

Here's what the welded version might look something like...

-http://www.symtechlabs.com/-

I generated this page in 0.010292053222656 seconds, executing 6 queries.