Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Cast Tubular Manifold
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=99885&mesg_id=100067
100067, RE: Cast Tubular Manifold
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Avenger
Point is not to ditch the AC and powersteering. An alternative to all the log style manifolds currently out on the market. Give Paul a chance to get started before throwing all these ideas out. You don't know how they'll work any better than he does with out a car to mock it up on. Right now it's all just guess work. All the WG clearances are going to be an issue considering we all wouldn't be using the same gate and each has different dimensions (not of the flanges but of the actual unit).

I know he is looking for bolt-on, but it's going to be tough to find a spot on the #1 runner for a wastegate flange to fit a wastegate on without hitting anything. I was simply throwing out an idea of mounting the turbo in the opposite direction to better route the wastegate's dump tube if it were on the #4 runner as was mentioned. You could still mount the turbo in the conventional way with the dump tube on the #4 runner, but, as Mike mentioned, the piping for something like that will be a little tougher.

Really the only thing to do, besides get a bunch more mesurements of the engine bay, would be to make up some mock ones with the flange mounted in different spots on the #1 runner if he wants to keep it there and test fit some wastegates on the manifold on the car.
I generated this page in 0.0074200630187988 seconds, executing 6 queries.