Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectHahn downpipe advise?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=95137
95137, Hahn downpipe advise?
Posted by flamineclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm trying to remove my dp and I can't remember how to get the bottom bolt off, its been so long since I've had it off. I have searched and searched and I can't find anything on this.

Thanks

Oh, you don't like altezza's? Too bad, your gonna get a good look at mine.
95138, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It sucks. The best way to deal with it is to use a box end wrench, you might have to remove the radiator to get more "angular travel" depending on what kind of biceps and wrench you have access to. Once you have it off, cut that stud down by a 1/4" or so, when I bought my kit it came waaaaaay too long from HRC, which made installation and removal damn near impossible.
95149, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Originally posted by ner947
The best way to deal with it is to use a box end wrench, you might have to remove the radiator to get more "angular travel"

Yeah, thats what I figured. Guess I'll go drain the radiator. Thanks for the help man.

95157, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I cut my wrench in half.
95167, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Originally posted by thedawg
I cut my wrench in half.

I have a set of stubby wrenches I'm planning on using those. Now if I could just make time to get it done.

95188, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Its a real pita, i almost destroyed my ceramic coated turbine housing messing with that stupid bolt.
95201, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Well I got it off, but trashed a bunch of shit in the process. Oh well I wanted the Eliminator DP anyway. Now I have a good reason to go ahead and buy it.

95202, RE: Hahn downpipe advise?
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
heh. I trashed a radiator in a fit of frustration because of that bottom HRC DP bolt. I know your pain.
I generated this page in 0.010401964187622 seconds, executing 7 queries.