Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectYES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=89857
89857, YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I bought a used ECU, Swapped it in and it ran okay, drove it on the road and got the same symptons IE stalling, sputtering, richness, etc...

So I was like wtf, its gotta be MAP related cuz everytime I wasnt giving it gas, it was stalling.

So I came home, put the thinking cap on, on decided to disconnect the SAFC and FCD. Wired the ECU back to normal along with the MAP sensor, drove it, and perfect!!!! No symptons!

I even boosted 10psi WITH NO Fcd or ML, and got no hesitation or fuel cut or even a CEL...
Why is that? I have a 98?

Well, she lives! Just gotta figure out if its the AFC or the FCD now.

Terry, can you email me those directions again for your FCD you gave me please?
89860, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
I even boosted 10psi WITH NO Fcd or ML, and got no hesitation or fuel cut or even a CEL... Why is that? I have a 98?

EDIT: Fuel cut has begun randomly :)
89866, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Posted by freddy_00_69, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What FCD do you have? Did it come with your turbo kit.
89868, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Originally posted by freddy_00_69
What FCD do you have? Did it come with your turbo kit.

Well its the Star FCD that came with the stage 2 kit....

Something odd though....

Today driving to school it was fine on the highway the whole way, then i get off, and it started stalling everytime I come to a stop. The car was running really rich all of a sudden and I dont know why.
I am running no AFC and FCD but no boosting, I have a code for Bank 1 too rich, but I dont think the o2 would cause this stalling every time I came to a stop...

Maybe the MAP or something?
89880, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Try and buy a new map sensor and see what it does, hopefully it fixes it. Have you tried letting the car idle and then disconnecting the map sensor while leaving it on? Try that and post what it does, whether it shuts the car off or idles rough.
89891, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Try and buy a new map sensor and see what it does, hopefully it fixes it. Have you tried letting the car idle and then disconnecting the map sensor while leaving it on? Try that and post what it does, whether it shuts the car off or idles rough.

I am getting a new MAP today along with a front o2 sensor.
89946, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Posted by Pyscodragon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had a simular problem and it turned out I had bumped the ecu harness causing my problem.Just thought that might help you.
89949, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
So, have you installed the new map sensor? If so, how is it running. Just want to know the update.
89952, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
So, have you installed the new map sensor? If so, how is it running. Just want to know the update.

Actually, I never installed the new MAP sensor. Its weird, its the FCD that caused all these problems. I installed it back in yesterday night, and my wbo2 was reading richness off the scale! I unhooked it, and got my normal 14.7 a/f at idle which is just about perfect. So, I am trying to wait for Terry to email me back with some installation instructions for his home made FCD's....
89953, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Man... the internet is a hard place to survive...

I don't know how you do it. Seriously. Its hard. Way hard.

http://www.fwdmopar.com/sites/dennis/howto.html

89954, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Originally posted by djtrickee
Man... the internet is a hard place to survive... I don't know how you do it. Seriously. Its hard. Way hard. http://www.fwdmopar.com/sites/dennis/howto.html

I found that Chris online, but I didnt know if it was the same as Terry's that I have from him or not. Thats why I was waiting for an email from Terry....So, I was ontop the game already buddy ;-)
89963, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Posted by youkickedmydog, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
missing link= no problems with electrical shit... but when it clogs up or fails... than your shanked.
90014, RE: YES! No AFC, No FCD = SHE RUNS!
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike i will get the directions out to you tonight, i am at work right now.

Terry
I generated this page in 0.013628005981445 seconds, executing 7 queries.