Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectCI kit arrived
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=89376
89376, CI kit arrived
Posted by youkickedmydog, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Today the kit arrived. I am very pleased with the quality of the product. Deff worth the wait. Unfortunitly I started school on tues, so I no longer have free time. Hopefully next week the kit should be installed.

89380, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm... The downpipe doesn't have a flex-section? Might wanna get one put in or the manifolds gonna crack. It doesn't come with a fpr?
89384, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jsupetran
Hmm... The downpipe doesn't have a flex-section? Might wanna get one put in or the manifolds gonna crack. It doesn't come with a fpr?

he ordered his when they were in the middle of revision the DP and manifold designs i beleive... here's the DP they sell (3" MANDREL bent with flex section):

89415, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
isnt that down pipe for a turbo model? it doesnt look like it will bolt up correctly to the turbo while in the 420a set up??? i might be wrong but thats what it looks like to me??
89381, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by youkickedmydog
I am very pleased with the quality of the product.

sorry to rain on your parade... but a press-bent downpipe, badly designed manifold, "new" SMALL turbo with lots of dings are not words i would use to describe "quality".
how much did you spend?
i cannot fathom why THAT took so long to get to you...
89383, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by tim97rs
Originally posted by youkickedmydog Let my pain be your pleasure, for I am a man of the people, once confused about his duties and purpous, but now their clear... j/k lol. Ya its some pretty good stuff, I am tired of wating tho I think I am going to get my money back. What I have paid him so far I could of gotten a starr or hahn stage 1 kit. I dont think that would take so long to get.
i wonder.... when i challenge and call out people like shwan and companies like CI... at what point do all my negative suspisions about places like CI stop being just "me flipping shit and being a dick" and actualy become me being a good judge... i wonder....

Alright Fri I called them up and I pretty much wanted my money back, I found out that Hahn sells their manifolds/turbos sepreatly now. The tracking number that they gave me didnt work. I didnt know if it was really shipped. I talked to someone at 11 and they said that Shawn wasent there, I told him that I wanted my money back and he said " I am pretty sure it was shipped" long story short I called back at 2 got the same tracking number. I was a little pissed but I just checked it and IT WORKS!!!!!! I'll try to get pics of the kit out of the box but that may not be for a while b/c I am going on a trip for work on monday for a week, but every one jump up and down because freeken boost is on its way.
dont count your eggs till thier hatched!!! i bet you dollars to donuts, it will be all screwed up...

god dammit he's happy with his fricken kit so STFU

with all the bitching you guys did about CI you'd think it'd stop now that this guy's got his kit AND HE IS HAPPY WITH IT. you were wrong. he's happy and it's not "all screwed up"

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=88860&mesg_id=88860&listing_type=search

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=89014&mesg_id=89014&listing_type=search

youkickedmydog:
congrats on getting your kit dude! keep us posted with the install and everything as i'm sure many will be interested. don't let the bitching and whining of certain members get to you. if you've got any problems i'm sure CI will be more than willing to help you out as they have with me. their customer service is top notch.

i like the SS oil lines :thumbsup

i think i might order their oil line kits for my custom setup
89385, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thats a goofy manifold.

but happy boosting when you get it installed!
89386, RE: CI kit arrived
Matterfactly I am getting my dads friend to put a pice of flex section in along with my wideband bung. Also I am getting him to put in a egt bung in the manifold. The kit came with everything in that pic along with a wideband kit, fpr, and a fuel pressure gauge, which I paid extra for. And If I wanted soemthing that was a compleat drop in I would of called up Hahn. I wanted to go the custom rout, but I cant weld. This was a nice alternative. And the turbo got dinged up in shipping, it was only in a box, and was not bubble wraped, but it dosent bother me.
89387, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
aaaaaaawwwwwwwww, that wittle turbo is so cute!! Just messing with ya, lol. Yea, flex section is a must, and that mani. does look wierd, but if it works then screw it. I'd like to see some numbers when you get it installed, so make sure and go to a dyno. Good luck.
89388, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a stage 2 might be kinda hard to pull off with that manifold design, the turbo will be eating up a lot of your charge pipe space. As long as your happy with it, that's all that matters.
89389, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
god dammit he's happy with his fricken kit so STFU with all the bitching you guys did about CI you'd think it'd stop now that this guy's got his kit AND HE IS HAPPY WITH IT. you were wrong. he's happy and it's not "all screwed up"

Looks pretty screwed up to me. I'm glad he's happy with it but no way in hell would I be happy with that. Crush bent piping... no thanks. no flex section... no thanks. Having to completely rebuild the entire kit with better components... no thanks. No frikin' fuel management included?... no thanks. Not even protecting the turbo kit for shipping?... no thanks. A drunken monkey could have packaged that up better. All in all that looks like something you could whip up in your backyard with parts from autozone... no thanks.

don't let the bitching and whining of certain members get to you.

How the fuck is trying to look out for other members of this board bitching and whining? We warned him and others that they weren't gonna get a solid product, but oh well. With all the extra money he's going to have to dump into that "kit" it wont be such a killer deal after all. But as long as he's happy with it right? Cool. As long as other people don't read these threads and go woopeeeeee another turbo kit on the market without knowing all the facts about what the fuck you are going to get in it. Or not get in it as the case may be with this one...
Hope they do have great customer service because you will be needing it when that manifold cracks.
89390, RE: CI kit arrived
The manifold doesn't look like it will flow well.
89391, RE: CI kit arrived
god dammit he's happy with his fricken kit so STFU with all the bitching you guys did about CI you'd think it'd stop now that this guy's got his kit AND HE IS HAPPY WITH IT. you were wrong. he's happy and it's not "all screwed up"

Mcubed45:
let me just start by saying i aint gona turn this into a bitch-fest post and name calling!
having said that, you're an idiot!
look... dude.... yay!!! he got his "kit"! big woopdy fuckin doo..the whole point about CI is what they would put out and when (with some "if" in tere). great!!! they managed to throw some parts crappy ebay parts together and sell it to someone...they sent him a DP that if you spent 10 min. on this board researching you'd know about the flex section. Keep in mind this is supposed to be a "quality busines". they didnt even packege up the turbo..wtf? most everyone knows that that manifold is one of the poorest design for a turbo manifold...
i am FAR from being wrong!! if you think that kit is not "all screwed up" then your an absolute idiot. all those parts could be had off ebay for around $500, or less. and i have a hunch he paid a lot more than that.

and please don't think you shut me down or owned me by bringin up my to other posts, becuase CI is a LONG way from being a reputable Co. with only one half assed turbo kit thrown together by a chimp and sent out 6-9 months after ordering. Plus you ask anyone who knows what a QUALITY turbo kit is (hell, even what quailty parts are) and i promise you they won't look at that and see "quailty".
So my friend it is you who needs to STFU... i will continue to bag on CI or anyone who does this shit on our board. i will continue to warn memebers of suspect dealings and products when i find them... you have not proven me wrong... nice try.

Dogkicker:

Bro, i aint baggin on you! i hope you realize that. i commend you for try CI's stuff. I commend you for wanting to go the custom route to learn more (i did the same my first kit). My beef is with CI and their "history" on here and with other products. I wish you the best of luck on installing your stuff regardless of my opinon on quality. you can make it work if you have the inclination. go forth and BOOST!

PS: what did you pay for the "kit" portion, not including the extra stuff you bought?
89392, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I really hope this all works out for you in the long run man. From looking at the parts, they do look very cheap...and you know when it comes to doing any type of motor or turbo work...you get what you pay for.

Good Luck!
89393, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
we should just put together a consulting service that finds out a user's goals, uses all good parts, sources them all, and spits back a list that will have all the parts perfectly laid out for a guy so that they can get a cheap "kit" that is not complete and total junk, newbies don't post 50 times with questions about their setup, and they can have some faith in the system they put together.
89399, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
We should set something up so we all get something like 500 emails a day asking why we didn't suggest the T-66 turbo with "naws."

Corrected.

Good luck, kid. :shrug

Looks like you're going to need it.
89400, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by BumpinTalon We should set something up so we all get something like 500 emails a day asking why we didn't suggest the T-66 turbo with "naws."
Corrected. Good luck, kid. :shrug Looks like you're going to need it.

haha... thanks man :D maybe I'll just make a website where you fill out a form instead.
89408, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what did they coat the piping with????

...road tar possibly?
89409, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That turbo does NOT look new. Why is there a dirty wasgeate hose on it and chips everywhere :shrug

Id doesn't matter to me. You'll love the boost no matter what. :thumbsup
89412, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ehh, the only thing I'm looking at now and notice right away:

1. The hose on the turbo is worn. It's supposed to say "Good Year" but is smudged and only says "Goo".

2. The chips on the turbo.

3. In the last pic, the manifold looks uneven.
89420, RE: CI kit arrived
Alright so I woke up today and i hade 15 min before I had to go to work. So I went down stairs into my basement to get the box that the kit came in. I was breaking it down (so I could throw it out) and I found a packing slip under one of the card board flaps. So I am reading it and its listing everything that I got from them and at the bottom in red lettering it says "ATT. A new dp and charge pipe will be sent to you once they ship in. The products you recived are not of the quality to be expected from us."

Originally posted by djtrickee
No frikin' fuel management included?...

I got a FPR, FUM, and a Fuel pressure gauge.

Bro, i aint baggin on you! i hope you realize that. i commend you for try CI's stuff. I commend you for wanting to go the custom route to learn more (i did the same my first kit). My beef is with CI and their "history" on here and with other products. I wish you the best of luck on installing your stuff regardless of my opinon on quality. you can make it work if you have the inclination. go forth and BOOST!

PS: what did you pay for the "kit" portion, not including the extra stuff you bought

The reason I went CI was b/c I orginally ordered a star stage two kit back in april. I used a credit card that my mom had me co-signed on. The limit was 3g, the kit was 2850. If I rember correctly I had 1500 in the bank and planned on paying 300 a month untill july when I would be able to work 40 hours a week and pay it off in a month. I placed the order on friday, saturday the credit card company called my house and talked to my mom (primary card holder) about the sale b/c it was unusally high for that account. She freeked out b/c I had spent so much money on the car... and it was a turbo. She cancled the card, and returned the kit. So I got pissed and got my own credit car (I had turned 18 in jan.) I was able to work my credit up to 1g, and decided to go for their kit b/c I can't weld to make my own, and it was cheap. I fuigered that someone would have to do it.

I paid 1299 for the kit, 75 for the fpr w/ gauge, and 250 for the dp.

Originally posted by screamine
what did they coat the piping with????

...road tar possibly?

Some cheap motor paint.

Originally posted by bilzare
That turbo does NOT look new. Why is there a dirty wasgeate hose on it and chips everywhere

Id doesn't matter to me. You'll love the boost no matter what.

Do what I do... dont worry about it.

Originally posted by dsmmyth
1. The hose on the turbo is worn. It's supposed to say "Good Year" but is smudged and only says "Goo".

My guess is that good year wouldent let CI put their name one their kits so they had to take out the "d year", for copy right laws n such.;-)

The way I see it, money cant be take with you when you die, so spend it while you have it and can enjoy it. Lastly some times when life gives you lemons, you have to make a good turbo kit out of it.... lol. Sure I may end up spending a bunch more then what I could of spent by getting a hahn or star kit but I am going to have something that I can say, ya its a conceptillusion kit... know one else has one(b/c their cheap). Plus I drive a 2gnt! I dont like to save money, I like it waste it.

So to finish up my day, I pulled into my drive way comming home form work about an hour ago and I noticed that my car left a trail of oil comming up the drive way, so I looked under the car and their was a "goo" half quart of oil on the ground. This was seriously the most oil I have ever seen on the ground before... anywhere. So this is a bit ironic, turbo finally shows up and car is fu#ked. I was so not in the mood that I just went inside.

In all CI is like any other company in the respect that they can sell you something like pistons, or exausts. But they cant be held responsible for their fabraction work. I was unsure weather to wait untill their dp came or to use the one they already sent me, but seeing how my car is dying in my drive way I think ill have to wait untill I fuiger out the problem.

89426, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good luck with your kit.

As far as copyright laws.....nope not on something like this. You can use any hose and leave the name on it its not illegal in any way. A company cannot refuse you to use thier product in your kit, its illegal by federal laws (boycotting act is only one that its illegal under).

The turbo is iether been mishandled or bought used for cheap off ebay!

Terry
89427, RE: CI kit arrived
i like how everyone's complaining about the DP. because we all know that STAR and HAHN make stellar downpipes. lol stupid the STAR doesn't have a flex section and the hahn is POS clamp. but i guess that's how you make a REAL kit, right? :P

i'd be curious what the reactions were to the first STAR or HAHN kit were and how they would fare in the present-day 2gnt market. on this forum either kit would be ripped to shreds and disregarded as an overpriced waste of money by certain members on this board:

"you paid 3g's for a kit that doesn't even come with a complete DP??? you're a dumbass!! whatever company made that is full of shit!!! look at the crappy FPR!!! wtf is that black box??? why is there no flex section in the DP?? why is the fuck is the outlet on the manifold offset to one side??? wtf is a deltagate?? wtf rubber oil lines??? where's the fucking instructions??? why is there no company website??? this kit must suck and NO ONE SHOULD TRY IT"

we ALL know the drawbacks and weakpoints to both the hahn and star kit. they also have their strongpoints. one've the CI kit's strongest selling points is it's price. obviously this comes at some sacrifice. many people are comfortable with purchasing a kit that is not top-of-the line if it will save them more than $1k. not everyone on this board wants the absolute best money can buy. if they did they would not purchase a CI, STAR, OR HAHN kit.

i realize you guys are trying to look out for other members but there's a certain point where trashing every single new product that comes along is no longer helpful. when you tell someone that everything sucks instead of giving a thorough evaluation of the strong points and weak points it's just as useful as giving no input at all. i'm not saying your accusations are completely unfounded - i just dont see how posting in every single CI thread with comments amounting to little more than "that sucks" is in anyway beneficial to members.
89431, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by Eagle420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have fun wit the kit man, i soon will be boosted too.
89432, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The way I view the whole situation is that CI is building a kit for a car that is rathed dated, and is 5th company doing so (HRC/Star, NER, Got Tude, & CI). Being the newest player in a market filled with veterans who has seen it all, heard it all, and most importantly was here when some of you can't even drive yet... CI has a BIG shoe to fill.

Being the newest product in the market, means you have to research what is already out there, incorporate what customer like/dislike, and avoid or improve based on feedbacks.

I see CI concentrating solely on the aspect of price and not build quality. Lets face it... that manifold is shady as hell, and many aspects of the kit looks a bit "compromised".

The reason HRC charges soo much is the time it takes them to put a kit out in the market. They have to go through, R&D, prototyping, building, QC, and finally feedback. Believe or not, they have actually made a few changes in their kits ever since it was introduced.

I hope for reputation sake that CI will clean up their quality. It is true that HRC kept cost low by supplying a questionable DP, and FPR. But their other parts such as powder coated IC piping, turbos, manifold are top notch.

Have you guys ever seen a new HRC kit in the mail, when the customer receives it, there are no smudges, or chips anywhere.

Bottom line, CI reputation hasn't been top notch around here, and has the burden of proof to impress the community. At lease NER made an attempt to respond to inquiries on the board before...you know.
89433, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
The way I view the whole situation is that CI is building a kit for a car that is rathed dated, and is 5th company doing so (HRC/Star, NER, Got Tude, & CI). Being the newest player in a market filled with veterans who has seen it all, heard it all, and most importantly was here when some of you can't even drive yet... CI has a BIG shoe to fill. Being the newest product in the market, means you have to research what is already out there, incorporate what customer like/dislike, and avoid or improve based on feedbacks. I see CI concentrating solely on the aspect of price and not build quality. Lets face it... that manifold is shady as hell, and many aspects of the kit looks a bit "compromised". The reason HRC charges soo much is the time it takes them to put a kit out in the market. They have to go through, R&D, prototyping, building, QC, and finally feedback. Believe or not, they have actually made a few changes in their kits ever since it was introduced. I hope for reputation sake that CI will clean up their quality. It is true that HRC kept cost low by supplying a questionable DP, and FPR. But their other parts such as powder coated IC piping, turbos, manifold are top notch. Have you guys ever seen a new HRC kit in the mail, when the customer receives it, there are no smudges, or chips anywhere. Bottom line, CI reputation hasn't been top notch around here, and has the burden of proof to impress the community. At lease NER made an attempt to respond to inquiries on the board before...you know.

I remember when my hahn kit arrived... Like my first great christmas with big ass boxes filled with goodies all new... Ahhh Memories.
89437, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Good luck with your kit. As far as copyright laws.....nope not on something like this. You can use any hose and leave the name on it its not illegal in any way. A company cannot refuse you to use thier product in your kit, its illegal by federal laws (boycotting act is only one that its illegal under). The turbo is iether been mishandled or bought used for cheap off ebay! Terry

Ya, I was being sarcastic about that. When a company produces a hose they put their name on it. Its obviously been used some where else for a while... I dont caire I am just glad that I have something.
89451, RE: CI kit arrived
i like how everyone's complaining about the DP. because we all know that STAR and HAHN make stellar downpipes. lol stupid the STAR doesn't have a flex section and the hahn is POS clamp. but i guess that's how you make a REAL kit, right? :P i'd be curious what the reactions were to the first STAR or HAHN kit were and how they would fare in the present-day 2gnt market. on this forum either kit would be ripped to shreds and disregarded as an overpriced waste of money by certain members on this board:

keep in mind that when those two comapnies came out with thier products, they were essentialy the pioneers of retail turbo kits for the 420a. there wasen't anything thing else of "quality" to compare them to to call them shit products. They learned, they changed and bettered thier products and have set a standard for other kits to be compared to...so once again your wrong. they would not have been ripped up by "certain memebers on this sight", they would have been hailed as the great new product that they were at the time.

let it go man, CI's kit is questionable at best and total crap at worst. I and almost 23 other peoples posts share the same opinion about it. Don't be chastising "certain memebers on this sight" for being truthful... and right. no matter how much crap you think we are slinging or trash talking we do about CI... at the end of the day we are still right becuse you or CI have yet to prove us wrong...

im done.
89468, RE: CI kit arrived
how's about only the people that have actually dealt with CI and their products talk?

<hint> that's not you ;)
89482, RE: CI kit arrived
how's about only the people that have actually dealt with CI and their products talk? <hint> that's not you ;)

When did you start working there? How much they paying you for the PR work?

Just curious is all.
89486, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45 how's about only the people that have actually dealt with CI and their products talk? <hint> that's not you ;)
When did you start working there? How much they paying you for the PR work? Just curious is all.

no kidding..
89487, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by siueclipse
Originally posted by MCubed45 how's about only the people that have actually dealt with CI and their products talk? <hint> that's not you ;)
When did you start working there? How much they paying you for the PR work? Just curious is all.
no kidding..

he's just a glass half full kind of guy, don't worry about it
The kit looks alright. That turbo though... yeesh. Actually, what am I talking about? This kit is not nice at all. I think it cost me under $1000 to get a genuine Garrett T3/T4, Hahn manifold, wastegate, a air filter that is brand new and higher quality, a brand new TurboXS RFL, and a charge pipe. For $2k I'm going to have a V-band 3" exhaust, a Tial external wastegate, a really nice charge pipe, and a good intercooler.

The only time I see a kit as being worthwhile is if you don't have the patience to put a turbo setup together yourself. No welding needed, either. Post around on local forums and you would be shocked at what you can find. I'll grab pics of some of my welds and tell you how much they cost later this week.
89497, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For the price, it seems worth it. I dislike the large offset on the manifold and the choice of turbo, but if all you want is a few lbs of boost for an extra kick in your daily driver, then none of that is a big deal.
89499, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by madhatter210, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like pry marks rather than shipping damage on the turbo. As far as the offset on the mani, it might not be his fault, maybe he didn't make it :shrug. I just find it odd someone in the fabrication business needs to buy them on ebay. All in all though this thread makes me happy, and to the original poster it looks like your happy :P so this is a happy thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7972972714

http://forcedairresearch.tripod.com

Damn, looks like those pesky egr fitment issues are still a problem. Maybe the fabricator that he fired for messing them up sneaks back in at night :P

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackFromBuyers&userid=conceptillusions&items=-1&item=-1&de=off

My favorite reply
ebay guy:"Item was shipped 10 days late, not as described and is useless, waste of $20"

Reply by conceptillusions: Look man.. these are top notch for the money.. we would of refunded u no prob
89523, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by madhatter210
Looks like pry marks rather than shipping damage on the turbo. As far as the offset on the mani, it might not be his fault, maybe he didn't make it :shrug. I just find it odd someone in the fabrication business needs to buy them on ebay. All in all though this thread makes me happy, and to the original poster it looks like your happy :P so this is a happy thread. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7972972714 http://forcedairresearch.tripod.com Damn, looks like those pesky egr fitment issues are still a problem. Maybe the fabricator that he fired for messing them up sneaks back in at night :P http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackFromBuyers&userid=conceptillusions&items=-1&item=-1&de=off My favorite reply ebay guy:"Item was shipped 10 days late, not as described and is useless, waste of $20" Reply by conceptillusions: Look man.. these are top notch for the money.. we would of refunded u no prob

LMAO their replies to feedback is hilarious. a good read for all.

89525, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
LMAO their replies to feedback is hilarious. a good read for all.

if you mean funny as in scary and worrisome then yes it is hilarious. haha.
89526, RE: CI kit arrived
Originally posted by DarkOne
For the price, it seems worth it. I dislike the large offset on the manifold and the choice of turbo, but if all you want is a few lbs of boost for an extra kick in your daily driver, then none of that is a big deal.

:)
89528, RE: CI kit arrived
I paid 1299 for the kit, 75 for the fpr w/ gauge, and 250 for the dp.

Originally posted by DarkOne
For the price, it seems worth it.

Really????? did you realize that he payed a little over $1600.00 for that "stuff"...
89529, RE: CI kit arrived
i think the regular kit includes a downpipe..

what was custom 'bout the DP you ordered youkickedmydog?

*edit*

ok here's the reason for the offset and what the regular DP is like. the regular DP included with the kit is a 90* elbow that bolts onto the STOCK pipe. you need that offset on the mani to line up with it. pretty original solution IMO. better than say, cutting the stock pipe and clamping a tube on it :P

still, it's probably not that great for exhaust flow

89535, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

That's not bad for $1299 (though it's missing a BOV). That manifold in the picture is also better than the one at the top. Quality of all the items looks better. The offset in the manifold isn't nearly as bad either. Looks like a typical one you see for the 420a. Don't know why they give you a manifold with a place for the external gate with an internally gated turbo ... :shrug. The one at the top is basically off of 1 runner.

89537, RE: CI kit arrived
The reason I got the dp was b/c I have a header and satan wanted 350 for a downpipe where CI was 200, sounded like a deal, the manifold was offset b/c the orginal placment of it made it way too close to the upper rad hose and some were melting off the cars that had the earlier kit. BTW the kits isant goig to be installed for a bit I got a cool oil leak, its called a hole in the oil pan. I have two ways to drain my oil now. ;-)
89538, RE: CI kit arrived
The reason I got the dp was b/c I have a header and satan wanted 350 for a downpipe where CI was 200, sounded like a deal, the manifold was offset b/c the orginal placment of it made it way too close to the upper rad hose and some were melting off the cars that had the earlier kit. BTW the kits isant goig to be installed for a bit I got a cool oil leak, its called a hole in the oil pan. I have two ways to drain my oil now. ;-)

awww bummer dude :(

keep us posted once your oil leak's fixed though. haha i can see how no longer having your stock DP with the CI kit can be a problem... on the upside you'll probably have the *new* parts by the time you're ready to install (knock on wood). :thumbsup

90071, RE: CI kit arrived
Posted by 97RSEclipse23, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey man when u get that kit on and stuff and u got it running pm and tell me how its goin for ya...thanks man
I generated this page in 0.013942003250122 seconds, executing 7 queries.