Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectegt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=89159
89159, egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by lickscissors, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was racing an srt-4 last night....and i had to keep shifting early or letting off the gas to lower the egt's which were at 1600.... im running je 9.6:1 pistons, s16g, 3" exhaust, sfmu, 30# injectors, water injection, fmic, stage 2 cams, warbro 255...i was running 15psi at the time...no signs of detonation or anything like that... i just want to lower them...i know 15psi on 30# is a bit much, and i have some dsm 450's to put in... im just not sure about idle/ resistor pack... what does a safc actually do... how does it work and can it help in this situation?... what is the next step up for injectors? any other help?
doug
89160, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by youkickedmydog, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your spraying water, and still have scary high egt's? Something isant right. High egt's are due to a lack of fuel. Add more fuel using your sfmu. Problem solved.
89166, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by youkickedmydog
Your spraying water, and still have scary high egt's? Something isant right. High egt's are due to a lack of fuel. Add more fuel using your sfmu. Problem solved.

what disk/spring combo you got in your sfmu?
89174, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
i think the biggest disk..shorter spring....it was the only one that worked
doug
89175, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you need more fuel...and better fuel control. look into the MS or an 8-inj system...or at the very least a wideband set-up for your self or a dyno tune with wideband reading.
casue like ^^ said, if your running H2o AND hitting 1600 on 15 psi..
1. you're lucky your motor hasen't grenaded
2. something is NOT right.
89176, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
30# injectors are too small for 15 psi on a S16G. I had a hard time keeping the fuel rich enough at around 13 psi with them and the SFMU. Do you have a wideband? Get some more fuel into it...
89184, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
turn down the boost a few psi and it will probably feel better for the time being. OR......install those 450's :dark
89250, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
see...im not too familiar with the wideband, and i looked into the ms and 8 injector...i think i liked the 8 injector setup better, but i didnt care for the 300 computer part, and was a little confused on how it worked.... the 450 situation, i never got a good answer on what resistant pack to use, and i never thought anyone had good luck with them or idling with them.... how do you tune with a wideband and how does it work? thanks
doug
89257, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by lickscissors
see...im not too familiar with the wideband, and i looked into the ms and 8 injector...i think i liked the 8 injector setup better, but i didnt care for the 300 computer part, and was a little confused on how it worked.... the 450 situation, i never got a good answer on what resistant pack to use, and i never thought anyone had good luck with them or idling with them.... how do you tune with a wideband and how does it work? thanks doug

You can't "TUNE" with a wideband. The wideband only tells you exactly what your a/f IS AND YOU WOULD USE MEGASQUIRT to pull or add fuel in certain cells where the a/f gauge tells you there is too much or too little. You can't really tune Anything with the stock ecu.

89296, RE: egt's climbing...will a saf-c help?
so an safc tricks the map sensor and makes the ecu add more fuel? is that correct?... just trying to look at all my options and how things work...
doug
I generated this page in 0.012513160705566 seconds, executing 7 queries.