Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectQuestions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=86900
86900, Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap...
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Relax, I'm joking. And to think that as you clicked on the thread you were preparing to do some flaming :)

I was quite confused as to where to post this, and I decided that since I need technical info on a turbo component this would probably be the best place... this is a question that I've never seen addressed before (and believe it or not I did search!)

I'm about 2 hours away from winning a crushed 1G BOV on eGay that I will be using for my custom 14b setup. Can someone please measure the diameter of the BOV vent for me?

My idea is to polish the body of the BOV with a dremel to get a nice bright aftermarket chrome-like shine, then polish the greenish/brownish cap. The body would remain polished, while the cap would get a coat or two of that anodized blue paint you can find at auto parts stores.

Finally, and the reason why I needed the diameter of the vent, I want to buy an adaptor that would attach to the vent itself. This would give the 1G BOV that final aftermarket finishing touch and would look great in my engine bay... this is the adapter I'm talking about:

It is actually designed to go on top of scooter carburetors, and any of you that read my scooter megasquirt thread in Advanced Tuning knows where this idea probably came from :D I was just browsing scooter parts when I saw this carb adapter and figured it would be beautiful on a BOV. Oh, by the way these are the carbs it is designed to be installed on:

There are different diameters available which is why I need the exact measurement from the BOV vent before I go ahead and order one.

edit: btw, I need the outside diameter, not inside diameter, of the vent.

Oh, and anybody got any ideas about ways to keep the polished body from rusting? Should I just clear-coat it?
86912, RE: Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap...
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You might of already bought it, but I personally wouldnt buy a crushed bov, unless I knew the person who did it, and knew that they did it correctly. You can crush it too much, and very easily damage it. Here is a better way to modify a 1g bov to hold boost, although it does require more work:
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html

I'd go out and measure mine, but my car is in another state right now. Im guessing 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inches. I think its like 1/4 inch smaller than the stock 2g, but I could be wrong.
86929, RE: Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap...
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
He may very well have been lying, but his auction said it was crushed by a shop. If it doesn't work for me, oh well not like I spent $200.
86936, RE: Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap...
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BRU_ce
He may very well have been lying, but his auction said it was crushed by a shop. If it doesn't work for me, oh well not like I spent $200.

Good point, and you could always just get another one...
I generated this page in 0.010568857192993 seconds, executing 7 queries.