Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectfuel
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=84724
84724, fuel
Posted by Gsuperman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a vortech sfmu wablro 255lph hp and ss fuel line 30lbs yellow tops, can i run nothing but race fuel. i mean the whole 16 galoon nothing but race fuel
84725, RE: fuel
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
umm.....

sure, why not.
84728, RE: fuel
Posted by baxsom, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i was told last time that i went to the track that race fuel all the time was bad for the oxygen sensor

any truth to that
84729, RE: fuel
Posted by corsagsbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It really matters on whether or not it is leaded or unleaded and if your built. Running a ton of leaded race fuel with stock valves will be harmful to the valves and valve seats not mention other componants like the O2 sensors mentioned above. If you are built, have stainless valves, etc; then have at it. I usually run a 60/40 mix of 94 oct and Cam2 for steet use and 116 leaded at the track.

--------------------------------------
know me as santiago
boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

84730, RE: fuel
Posted by Scandelous, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know here in FL you can buy 100 octane unleaded at Sunoco. It isn't harmful to the motor if its unleaded.
84734, RE: fuel
it leaded 112
84749, RE: fuel
Posted by Narco, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by corsagsbo
It really matters on whether or not it is leaded or unleaded

Don't use leaded gas. It will f'up your O2 sensor, and it's really hard on widebands. If you still have your cat in, it will plug that up also.

You should be able to score up to 106 octane unleaded. I think VP fuels makes it, and maybe Trick Racing Gas, if they are still around.
84751, RE: fuel
dude they got me stuck in oklahoma. i am lucking that they have this. but one thing i can say i like bout living here is i can do what ever i want to my car no i repeat no emissions, so no cat no egr no bs.
84752, RE: fuel
Posted by Narco, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Gsuperman
dude they got me stuck in oklahoma. i am lucking that they have this. but one thing i can say i like bout living here is i can do what ever i want to my car no i repeat no emissions, so no cat no egr no bs.

Word. It used to be that way here in Idaho, but with Boise growing so much, we have to get emission tested every year to re-register our cars.

One good thing about it though, is that they only plug in to the OBD and check your codes. So I can just clear out the no cat code before I take it in. :evilgrin
84753, RE: fuel
when i frist moved here and they told that i was like word thats they shit. but cops here well enough said, but i ask for the nearst starbucks and chevron and they were like star what and push who?
84759, RE: fuel
when i frist moved here and they told that i was like word thats they shit. but cops here well enough said, but i ask for the nearst starbucks and chevron and they were like star what and push who?

is this english??
84761, RE: fuel
Posted by blk96clp, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing. :shrug
84762, RE: fuel
Do i need to slow it down for ld kids. Maybe your just not use to going fast. Sorry i'll slow down.
84773, RE: fuel

Maybe I can try and translate then.

When I first moved here, they told me that was good. I asked where a starbucks and chevron were and they did not know?

Is this sorta what you were trying to eubonics across.

Please use proper grammar and for gods sake a period after a complete thought.
I generated this page in 0.010097026824951 seconds, executing 7 queries.