Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Post Pics of all your TURBO engine bays.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=84109&mesg_id=101826
101826, RE: Post Pics of all your TURBO engine bays.
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well since it's been bumped up and my engine looks the best it's ever looked (even though some of you chose to make fun of my shield for the timing belt) here are some pics I took the other day. As for the shield as I stated once before it's there for protection, I don't care what a condom looks like as long as it works.

Sorry there's not too many shots showing everything, I got a little happy with the macro mode on the camera.
In comparison, what it looked like the last time I took pictures of the engine...

Ok, not sure how this happened, but this next pic was taken right after the previous one with the car running and yet... it doesn't look like it.
Now for the pics of my shield. :D When I changed the HG the first time, I cut the timing belt cover like a lot of guys do. I worried though about something getting in or the alt/accessory belts breaking and getting caught in the timing belt. I worried about it even more after a bolt destroyed my timing belt. Then, after putting everything back together again and driving a bit I realized the belts were walking a bit, so I was REALLY nervous by now. It was my fault, I realized the crank pulley wasn't on all the way, last time I eyeball it :) Which brings me to today. I figured what the hell maybe I can make a little shield that would protect the timing belt from the other belts. So here it is (yes it looks like crap b/c I used tin snips to cut the metal instead of a saw, oh and the drill got outta hand and bent it)
I generated this page in 0.0086081027984619 seconds, executing 6 queries.