Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectWhat would you do?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=8245
8245, What would you do?
Posted by Y2 e c l i p s e d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check it out fellas this is the situation..... I have to choose my poison(nitrous or turbo) I need some opinions from people who know what they are talking about...you guys! not my bone head friends who dont no honda from acura... Anywho if I decide to go with nitrous I can get a killer deal from this girl that works at this auto store.. with her discount I can get the wet kit for $346 out the door and bump it to 500 and some change for the gauges, heater, and remote opener. Or I could go with a stage 1 hrc kit. I would like to boost 5psi daily on stock internals is it cool to run like that without intercooler cause I noticed a lot run like that WITH AN INTERCOOLER? If I choose turbo I will upgrade to stage 2 later around.. earliest march-nextsummer along with intenals cause my car is currently 76,000 miles. I know it is annoying to respond to posts that come up time and time again but I would just like to clarify and get your guys opinions on my situation.....CAUSE I NEED HELP! sigh.. there...
thanks all
8246, RE: What would you do?
Posted by mitseclps, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
could you by any chance..um, maybe..get me an opener? maybe?

aem cai
greddy 4-1 headers
highflow cat
greddy sp cat-back exhaust
nx nitrous system - 75 shot
nos bottle heater
purge kit
engine wireloom (5 hp rite there)
spring performance 2" lowering springs
autometer carbon fiber gauges
(a/f ratio, nitro press, oil press)
8247, RE: What would you do?
ps you could always get both. but do remember, w/ nitro you have to buy a 35$ refil OFTEN.
aem cai
greddy 4-1 headers
highflow cat
greddy sp cat-back exhaust
nx nitrous system -75 shot
nos bottle heater
purge kit
engine wireloom (5 hp rite there)
spring performance 2" lowering springs
autometer carbon fiber gauges
(a/f ratio, nitro press, oil press)
8248, RE: What would you do?
thats why I cant make up my mind too many cons and pros aghhhhhhhh! I still have to see how much cheaper the remote opener by itself is though I was just quoting the package.. hehe
8249, RE: What would you do?
well an nx one is about 175$ so at this point i'm keeping my options open. i plan on gettin a turbo once i get the $$ (should be by the end of the year barring no major accidents or the like). i'm going to keep my nitro and put a smaller shot on it just to help w/ the spool-up. fun stuff. but either way, here's some stuff about nitro - you'll kill your tires (unlike a turbo which spools up, when you hit the nitro, its on. you get that much hp right then and the tires WILL peelout). i've had to replace my MAP sensor (~200$) and my o2 sensor (~120$) due to backfireing and carbon buildup b/c of the nitro (it really cleans out the system). and then there's the 35$ a bottle when you're empty (w/ a 5o shot it's about 1o-15 runs, w/ a 75 its maybe 8...by that i mean 0 to 1oo mph). (NITRO IS SOOOO MUCH FUN THOU.)

aem cai | greddy 4-1 headers | highflow cat | greddy sp cat-back exhaust | nx nitrous system - 75 shot | nos bottle heater | purge kit | engine wireloom | sprint performance 2" springs | autometer carbon fiber gauges (a/f ratio, nitro press, oil press)
8250, RE: What would you do?
Posted by klipzracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i'd say get the turbo, you'd be equal speed stage 2 compared to nitro and you get more repect/props for having that turbo. not to mention the swEEEEEEEEEEEt BOV sound.

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com (pretty original, huh?)

Well i no longer have a website cause Homestead is being a bunch of bitches!

8251, RE: What would you do?
hey so why did you have the back fire? And whats this about the carbon build up....I mean Im not to big on having constant power just when I need it plus Im not a wrench head and dont want to have the responsibility of a turbo...I figure nitro is for me...dont you think?
8252, RE: What would you do?
it backfired b/c i didn't use my purge kit. basically a load of air went into the engine in front of the nitro, blew out a spark plug or 2 and all the nitro behind it shot thru the engine and out the back end. it blew the MAP senson (manifold absolute pressure). afterwards it was a bitch to start (i had to give it gas) and i couldn't go over 4ooo rpms. it was fine thou after i got the new sensor. and w/ the o2 sensor, the nitro will clean out all the crapy buildup inside your engine and spit it out the back. the o2 sensor on your exaust (headers) will start collecting this and it'll reach a point where it may not work anymore. if i can i want to get a hold of a remote bottle opener b/c you usually don't drive around w/ your bottle open so a lot of races i've gotten into i've been forced not to use my nitro b/c the bottle just wasn't accessable. sometimes i can reach back and open it, but thats really awkward and mosttimes i don't have time.

aem cai | greddy 4-1 headers | highflow cat | greddy sp cat-back exhaust | nx nitrous system - 75 shot | nos bottle heater | purge kit | steering mounted nitro/purge buttons | autometer carbon fiber gauges (a/f ratio, nitro press, oil press) | sprint performance 2" springs | b/m carbon fiber dash kit
8253, RE: What would you do?
if you do go nitro thou, you want to start w/a 5o shot and get used to that for a few months and then if you want move to the 75

aem cai | greddy 4-1 headers | highflow cat | greddy sp cat-back exhaust | nx nitrous system - 75 shot | nos bottle heater | purge kit | steering mounted nitro/purge buttons | autometer carbon fiber gauges (a/f ratio, nitro press, oil press) | sprint performance 2" springs | b/m carbon fiber dash kit
8254, RE: What would you do?
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
prolly better to go nitro cause of the bang for the buck thing. youwon't get a turbo setup out the door for 500

"but me, my skin is brown and my manner is tough."
-talib kweli

BKR5E-11's
cone filter
brospeed muffler from mx-3
exhaust leak (mad power gain)
8255, RE: What would you do?
yeah thats why I want to get a remote bottle opener, but I am going to start with a fifty shot....So I guess I should get a purge kit so that doesnt happen to me:-) so do I need to purge right before I use it then? Sorry one last think were do you have all your switches at? Did you have the purge switches on the stock steering wheel? I figure with all these accessories I am going to have a hard time finding places to put the switches....Dam sorry guys this post should be transferred to the nitrous section.(Well it started as turbo:P)
I generated this page in 0.012315988540649 seconds, executing 7 queries.