Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectit is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=8147
8147, it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by jamesman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
finally got my hrc with fmic it's not too complicated, and i have a 95 so man the fuel system is quite simple almost laughably easy, but the fmic bumper cutting seema like it mac cause some problems. lates. I have one question. hrc people how far down did you cut your downpipe from the header junction. it says in the instructions to cut it 2 1/2 inches from the bracket...but i have no idea what frigin bracket they are talking about! thanks!

8148, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can also just take the 2 downpipe pieces to a muffler shop and have them weld it together. This will look cleaner and almost guarantee no leaks. You'll have to rig up a mock-exhaust to drive the car to the shop though. I clamped a flex-tailpipe section to my HRC DP and "screwed" the O2 sensor into the flex-tailpipe. It was loud, but at least the car was driveable. The engine doesn't like to run with the O2 sensor hanging in free air.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

8149, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
thanks i was wondering how far from the header junction flange you cut the downpipe?
8150, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so exactly how easy is teh fuel system on 95s compared to the 96-up? if its that much easier, thats the best news ive heard in quite a while cause i was none too looking forward to installing my kit.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt ---------------------------------- VANILLA RICE

8151, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Stan2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I told you it would be easier than 96up on your first post :-) You dont have to run a return line from your fuel rail to the tank. The factory has already done it for you.

http://stan2gnt.homestead.com/home.html
Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

8152, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
thanks factory!

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt --------------------------------------------------------------- VANILLA RICE

8153, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Irfan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what? why the hell did they quit doing that for 97-up?
8154, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think that has to do with new emissions regulations. With the old fuel system, you run a bunch of fuel up to the engine and some of it gets used (usually very little). The fuel heats up while its in the engine compartment. I think it releases some contaminants when it gets back to the gas tank and those eventually make it out to the environment. So the later fuel system only sends as much fuel as is needed to the engine. So you don't produce any extra pollution by heating/cooling the fuel constantly. I think I read this in SCC a while back...no promises on the accuracy.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

8155, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
yo cyan
man the fuel system is easy!!!!
just cut some and remove some hoses, plug 2 into the fmu and then splice the fuel line near the tank for the fuel pump and that's about it. i was worried about the fuel system too, but whn i got the kit and read the instructions i almost laughed myself to death. I was worrying for no reason at all!
8156, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Eclipze97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey jamesman, how long did it take from the time you ordered to receive your turbo from HRC. i just want to know the wait i'm going to have to endure, cuz ordered mine last week. thanks
8157, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
joe--did you order that kit i take it? let me know what the status is on your kit. once it's here, we'll get in the garage as soon as possible and get it all hooked up for you.

jason
98 integra type R
95 GS Turbocharged
8158, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
from the day i ordered it to the day i got it i believe it was a month. they gave a 3 week production time and 1 week to ship. i got the fmic with the kit so it came in 3 boxes, but UPS jacked up and delayed it 2 days
8159, RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend
Posted by Eclipze97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah jason, i'll call you, i ordered it last week
I generated this page in 0.010004997253418 seconds, executing 7 queries.