Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectThe New Manifold, Lol
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=78588
78588, The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by xtrickedeclipsex, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, we made another one. Looks so funny, but it flows even better then our other prototype.

---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com
78590, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
haha very interesting. althought a bit odd looking, i think if you did up nice with chrome or burned look and did away with the welds (being visible anyways) that would look pretty hot
78591, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
haha very interesting. althought a bit odd looking, i think if you did up nice with chrome or burned look and did away with the welds (being visible anyways) that would look pretty hot

Yea, its another prototype. As you can see we didnt go for looks... ;)

78592, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How tight is the 90* out of the head?
78593, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
I couldent get a good pic...hope you can make it out

78603, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by DJ420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It looks like a spider is crawling out from underneath your hood. Good Halloween prank,lol.
78604, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im not sure about all that. too many bends.

how does it compare with an hrc manifold?
78605, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by siueclipse
im not sure about all that. too many bends. how does it compare with an hrc manifold?

Well, it’s the Log VS Equal Length Tubular manifold argument. My manifold is obviously better, being equal length, and tubular. I had a manifold like this one for about 6 -7 months and only had one crack, and that was do to the bracket on the manifold breaking off, and a broken motor mount making the manifold move while still bolted to the down pipe. The bends/welds all held up under the heat. I love this manifold; it spools up the turbo even faster then the previous one. Full-Race did a Dyno between a equal length manifold, and a log style, and believe it or not gained 68 WHP “FR Equal Length vs. Log manifold chassis dynamometer testing. Equal length=68whp gain!”

http://wakesports.com/full-race/index.php?s=30105a334f0e3e8ed57644a3c06b8b65&showtopic=249

Seems hard to believe, but the manifold does make a difference in power. Now, im not saying my manifold vs. the Hahn would yield 68 WHP gain, or anything close to it, but it is definitely superior, and does yield more power.

78615, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex
Originally posted by siueclipse im not sure about all that. too many bends. how does it compare with an hrc manifold?
Well, it’s the Log VS Equal Length Tubular manifold argument. My manifold is obviously better, being equal length, and tubular. I had a manifold like this one for about 6 -7 months and only had one crack, and that was do to the bracket on the manifold breaking off, and a broken motor mount making the manifold move while still bolted to the down pipe. The bends/welds all held up under the heat. I love this manifold; it spools up the turbo even faster then the previous one. Full-Race did a Dyno between a equal length manifold, and a log style, and believe it or not gained 68 WHP “FR Equal Length vs. Log manifold chassis dynamometer testing. Equal length=68whp gain!” http://wakesports.com/full-race/index.php?s=30105a334f0e3e8ed57644a3c06b8b65&showtopic=249 Seems hard to believe, but the manifold does make a difference in power. Now, im not saying my manifold vs. the Hahn would yield 68 WHP gain, or anything close to it, but it is definitely superior, and does yield more power. --------------------------------------- "Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things" www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

I looked at the link you provided, something doesn't seem right.
For starters they say the log style manifold would spool the turbo quicker than the equal length manifold... that seems to go against common belief on egaul length designs.

Also, without seeing any dyno evidence, I don't see how you can claim the new design is better than the old design...
Also, I don't believe you compared your old manifold to a hrc manifold did you?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... you need to do a direct comparison between your manifold and a standard log manifold.

Send me your old prototype manifold and I'l dyno it against my log style manifold.

Hows that sounds?
78614, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by siueclipse
im not sure about all that. too many bends. how does it compare with an hrc manifold?

Too many bends? :rolleyes
Riiiiiiiight
78651, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
those were definately mig welded

i would have just tacked the manifold together and had my tig welder heat treat and finalize it
78667, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dont like it.
78606, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by DJ420a
It looks like a spider is crawling out from underneath your hood. Good Halloween prank,lol.

Yea, it scares the v8 guys to shit... they think it bites .. lol :thumbsup

78613, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by DJ420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
NNNNIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE
78617, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by dougie2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's going to be pretty hard to replicate. I think, with this design, you're customers are going to have fitment issues. I notice you're also having problems with heat, as your starter's wireloom is toast.

Looks like it would work great for a custom setup, but not for mass-production, or any form or replication for that matter.
78620, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Who did the welding on that thing? I didn't get to see much, but it looks like there might be some penetration issues. Grind that shit off the surface and see if those welds are good. I just don't think there's much you can do with that design. Hope you can prove me wrong. Good luck with that thing.

Edit: What kind of welder are you using to make these manifolds?
78638, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
lol thats cute man

its still not gunna save you though }(
78639, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fuck. thats fugley. I LOKE your other mani. What are they worth BTW?
78668, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare
I LOVE your other mani. What are they worth BTW?

78669, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare I LOVE your other mani. What are they worth BTW?

you could find out if you visit the site its sold on.
78878, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Initial DSM

$500usd!1 about $100 too much imo.
78887, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Originally posted by Initial DSM
$500usd!1 about $100 too much imo.

The 4G63 equivalent (forget the companys name) is $1000.
78647, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by dougie2
That's going to be pretty hard to replicate. I think, with this design, you're customers are going to have fitment issues. I notice you're also having problems with heat, as your starter's wireloom is toast. Looks like it would work great for a custom setup, but not for mass-production, or any form or replication for that matter.

The dude at my shop made this for me, just to try somthing new. Ill get a new one in a another couple months. We ship the other style mani with our kits, this one was just for me to dick around with..

Oh the welds are great...

78642, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, we made another one. Looks so funny, but it flows even better then our other prototype. --------------------------------------- "Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things" www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

may i ask WHY THE FUCK theres a (what appears to be an) ECT sensor on your raddy line?
78643, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by 97whitESi
may i ask WHY THE FUCK theres a (what appears to be an) ECT sensor on your raddy line?

if you're talking about the gm coolant temp sensor on the thermostat housing....thats for the megasquirt

78644, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by 97whitESi may i ask WHY THE FUCK theres a (what appears to be an) ECT sensor on your raddy line?
if you're talking about the gm coolant temp sensor on the thermostat housing....thats for the megasquirt

ahh thx
78649, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Originally posted by 97whitESi
Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by 97whitESi may i ask WHY THE FUCK theres a (what appears to be an) ECT sensor on your raddy line?
ahh thx

Such harsh language…

ECT…

lolol

78671, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So how's no PCV vacume workin out for ya? heh
78686, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
oh its great ..total seals..... :evilgrin

78696, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
oh its great ..total seals..... :evilgrin --------------------------------------- "Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things" www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

Total seals suck... haven't we had this discussion before? ;)
Oh, and I did see some oil vapor out of where your valve cover breather used to be... ;) Better keep an eye on that. :)
78704, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
HEY HEY :nono my total seals kick ass.. lol

Eh, there is no breather now, IMO its kinda expected...dont you think?

:P

Eh, come on. You loved my car....ha-ha me with my awesome imaginary return line :thumbsup

78727, RE: The New Manifold, Lol
....ha-ha me with my awesome imaginary return line :thumbsup

LOL :order

I generated this page in 0.017791032791138 seconds, executing 7 queries.