Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectAEM UEGO and other WBo2
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=76904
76904, AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by Eclipse2NR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey...

I am going to go wideband as well when I order my stuff in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for feedback from people who are running this, or other wideband systems.

The AEM UEGO is currently selling for $347.00, or $488.00 with a LED Gauge with digital A/F readout. I'm not concerned with getting a gauge since the megasquirt will log it for me. I think $347 sounds very reasonable for the sensor and a very good control board.

Opinions?

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~eclipse2nr/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

76993, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by DeanoD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you call Don Polk at http://www.polkperformance.com he has a special deal on the http://www.efisystems.com UGEO 1000 wideband with display. I am using this to input in to my Tec 3. He is selling them for $350 shipped if you order by the end of September. After this the price goes up to like $430-450 (cannot remember). These retail for $550 with display plus shipping. I paid this amount last winter when I ordered directly from efisystems. My car is not running yet, but according to Electromotive it was the fastest reacting/most accurate wideband they tested when designing their new software for wideband input.
76994, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I run a unit from www.wbo2.com

Very nice. You can log more than just wideband AFR. I log fuel pressure, boost, oil pressure, 3 EGT temperatures, rpm, wideband all at one time. Real time and logged with playback for viewing.
76995, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The WBO2 is a very good unit. You will save quite a bit of money if you build the thing yourself - only attempt this if you are halfway decent with a soldering iron, have a decent multimeter, and have a basic understanding of electronics. There's only one component on the board that's really small and requires some decent skill to solder - this one is already populated when you buy the kit.

What's cool is that the WB02 and the 034EFI just happen to have the exact same pattern for the screws that hold the two cases together. Dipshit luck! Makes the tach and 034EFI MAP output only have to go a short distance to be logged.
76998, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by SilverBullet20g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you get the AEM UEGO you can eventually upgrade your PCM to a stand alone EMS and have the UEGO work with the EMS too!

New to 2gnt.com, My other name is turboed420a @dsmtuners.com
77007, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Originally posted by SilverBullet20g
If you get the AEM UEGO you can eventually upgrade your PCM to a stand alone EMS and have the UEGO work with the EMS too! New to 2gnt.com, My other name is turboed420a @dsmtuners.com

I guess I didn't mention it before, I WILL be using my wideband O2 sensor with my megasquirt. For those not in the-know, the megasquirt is a standalone fuel management system. It's badass, and if you haven't checked it out yet, deffintely do! It's very inexpensive too.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~eclipse2nr/

77010, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
inexpensive yes. i bitch to setup.. sounds like it. lol

ive heard from a bunch of people that the uego sucks ass, mostly RX7 drivers.
77025, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by fastpunk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Jason in one post you answered all my questions about what wideband to go with. Thanx!
76999, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
That is cool.
77001, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I still don't see any units that match both the price and versatility of the zeitronix units. $279 and it comes with so much expandibility, it's silly. I actually got mine for $250 or less from a subaru group buy. (nasioc)

www.zeitronix.com

It's what I run and it's awesome. More than that, it has a wider range of ratios it montiros all the way down to 9.x and up. AEM only goes down to 11.0, plus it doesn't datalog.

The Z unit datalogs your A/F and about 6 or 7 other available items. Plus, you can use the Bosch W/B O2 as your regular O2 sensor since it has a 0-1v output for your stock ecu. And IF and when it does go bad, at $79 or wherever you can get one, it's almost cheaper to buy that as a replacement as any other narrowband O2 sensor.

I've made this argument before, but really, it makes a lot of sense.
77031, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
That Zsomethingorother company seems to produce a nice unit. Looks well made, but its the performance that counts, and thats impossible to tell until you try it. I really really like that LCD multi-gauge... but it costs a bit more :/

77047, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the Zietronix. It kicks 32 kinds of ass.
77052, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have the innovate LM-1, it only kicks 18 kinds of ass...
77053, RE: AEM UEGO and other WBo2
Originally posted by tim97rs
i have the innovate LM-1, it only kicks 18 kinds of ass...

LMAO. Thanks for the suggestions guys. This megasquirt + WBO2 is gonna kick at least 12 kinds of ass.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / www.team2nr.com

I generated this page in 0.012415170669556 seconds, executing 7 queries.