Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectTurbo makes wierd noise
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=75737
75737, Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by BlueMach5, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, this is odd, my turbo makes a weird (hard to describe) sound like if you put a poker card in between a bicycle tire, its faily high pitch. I am getting PLENTY of oil to the turbo. As soon as I have been driving in the 1200 degree temp range for about 5 minutes it sounds like it did before...when I take off WHHOOOOSSSHHHH

But then I will sit at a stop like for the duration of 2-5 minutes enough for the turbo to cool down and it starts all over again its rather annoying. The fins arent bent, and if there was no oil I would have fried the turbo long ago....wtf HELP
75738, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Make sure the fins aren't touching the housing.
75747, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by Ducking_Fumbass, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Kaching kaching kaching... sounds like your wheels are hungry. Yummy housings! :twitch
75763, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Start saving for a new turbo... then go check for side to side play on the comp wheel...
Could always be play on the exhaust side too... that's actually more common... ;)
75886, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by BlueMach5, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah It only does it untill I get over 1200 degrees. Its newly rebuilt turbo wtf. its brand new...I did notice there is a tiny bit of shaft play not more than a 1/16 of an inch...
75889, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Originally posted by BlueMach5
Yeah It only does it untill I get over 1200 degrees. Its newly rebuilt turbo wtf. its brand new...I did notice there is a tiny bit of shaft play not more than a 1/16 of an inch...

Sorry to tell you but 1/16 of an inch is too much...
And I don't give a shit if it's a brand new turbo... so was mine, didn't stop it from saying goodnight now did it?

What's more than likelly happening is that once the oil temp rises to normal level the viscosity of the oil at that time helps the turbo shaft float in it's bearings a little better, and so you don't get any contact.

If you can feel your shaft play... then you've prolly got too much. ;)
75894, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Lee, quit playing with your shaft, you wanker.
75897, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Lee, quit playing with your shaft, you wanker.

Would ya fancy a wank, Lee? :+
75902, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass Lee, quit playing with your shaft, you wanker.

That depends, are you going to do it? Or your gf... I much prefer it when she does it... :beer
75905, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MrSlick
Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass Lee, quit playing with your shaft, you wanker.
That depends, are you going to do it? Or your gf... I much prefer it when she does it... :beer

Piiiiiiiiiiiiffffffff. :dark :7
75906, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Come on, Lee, we all know that Buttboy doesn't have a GF. ;) Why else would he offer you a wank?
75908, RE: Turbo makes wierd noise
Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Come on, Lee, we all know that Buttboy doesn't have a GF. ;) Why else would he offer you a wank?

Good point my friend... good point.
I generated this page in 0.010819911956787 seconds, executing 7 queries.