Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectquestion for a 2gnt guru
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=75361
75361, question for a 2gnt guru
Posted by jwhit, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a 96 talon with the hahn stage 2 kit and a bunch of other upgrades. The state I live in just started doing emissions tests this year and my car does not have the egr system or evap system. I could spend a day putting all this shit back on my car, but I would rather find a way to fool the ecu into thinking everything is ok. I am pretty sure this can be done with some resistors added to the unused connectors, but I dont know what ohms to use. Does anybody have a clue which resistors to use and which color wires to put them on. Or does anybody have a wrecked ass 95 talon I can buy real cheap so I can swap vins and have my car re registered as a 95. Please Help. BTW the emissions test does not use a sniffer, just the obd2 port, so all I need to do is fool the ecu. Thanks.
75364, RE: question for a 2gnt guru
Posted by siueclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good luck!

You might be able to get a waiver.
75392, RE: question for a 2gnt guru
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just find someone to buy a sticker from. if they do a thorough visual check in addition to an OBD scan, you'll fail. if they just do a sniffer test, you'll probably pass.
75398, RE: question for a 2gnt guru
Originally posted by DarkOne
Just find someone to buy a sticker from. if they do a thorough visual check in addition to an OBD scan, you'll fail. if they just do a sniffer test, you'll probably pass.

75401, RE: question for a 2gnt guru
oops. anyway, I got a sticker because I work at an inspection station, I do not do the inspections though. I thaught I was in the clear, but the dmv in this fucked up state (nc) keeps track of when you get an inspection, so I get a notice in the damn mail saying my car is past due. If worst comes to worst and I have to put all the shit on the car, do you think the car will pass with the turbo kit, sfmu and 450's with no afc?
75400, RE: question for a 2gnt guru
Posted by mkerley, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

You can fool the EGR circuit w/ a 10W 1.2k-ohm resistor across the leads that hook up to the EGR solenoid.

sorry I can't help on the evap though.
I generated this page in 0.012408018112183 seconds, executing 7 queries.