Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectLooking for Turbo Kit Information
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=7069
7069, Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by Stock99GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am not very familiar with turbocharging, but it's something I want to do in the future when I learn a little more about them. The only 2 kits I know of are the HRC and the Star Performance. I am hearing people talk about a new kit soon to come called the NER. I don't even know what that's short for. Can someone give me some detailed information on this kit? And perhaps tell me why it beats the HRC and Star in comparison?

Thanks.
7070, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by RoboTechDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>I am not very familiar with
>turbocharging, but it's something I
>want to do in the
>future when I learn a
>little more about them. The
>only 2 kits I know
>of are the HRC and
>the Star Performance. I am
>hearing people talk about a
>new kit soon to come
>called the NER. I don't
>even know what that's short
>for. Can someone give me
>some detailed information on this
>kit? And perhaps tell me
>why it beats the HRC
>and Star in comparison?
>
>Thanks.

Well, for starters, NER stands for New Edge Racing. To put it in plain and simple terms is that the NER basically, ALMOST, combines HRC's fuel system delivery with Star's turbo manifold. The NER kit comes with a tubular manifold along with a flex section, I think, and the Stage 2 comes with an awesome Spearco intercooler!!! There are guys out there that can give you much better explanation than I can. The problem is that this topic has been posted way too many times and there were some arguments about it as to which one is better. The all-eternal question, "Which is better Star or HRC???" To learn about either kits, just click on search and type in, 'Turbo kits.' I'm sure a whole laundry list will come up. Hope this helps.

7071, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the star kit isnt really that bad nowadays because i have been told wyatt is substituting in the inline pump in place of the intank at our request. he is also selling the conversion kit for the FMU to make it adjustable. so with a flex section in the downpipe and a little luck with the pipe fitment, it seems like the star kit would be an okay purchase if you cant wait for the NER kit. of course, HRC's kits are the same if not less in price than the star kit is now, and you get much better service from HRC, but if you want the cosmetic aspects and the requisite turbo sound effects, you wont get them with the hahn kit. i am waiting for the new edge kit myself.
WIDE AWAKE
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

7072, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by Stock99GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Between the HRC and the Star, which one spools quicker to give you instant boost around the city?
7073, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by HRC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-Jul-01 AT 05:22 AM (PST)

Check out

http://www.turbosystem.com

for the most proven system available.

7074, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by turbomex1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
he (HRC)does have a point though!hehhe go get em mr. hahn lol.
7075, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by magnus, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What special xtra SOUNDS do you get with the star kit.......only thing ive heard out of Wyatts car is the BOV

7076, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by Turbo Red GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>What special xtra SOUNDS do you
>get with the star kit.......only
>thing ive heard out of
>Wyatts car is the BOV
>
i guess the special sounds would be the external deltagate, wyatt closed his into his exhuast, i have mine opening into the air it sounds awesome, if you want a head tuner it will do it, it makes you car sound like a big ass v-8 as you fly by. that would be the extra sounds

later
brian
eclipse star turbo gs
orlando dsm

7077, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
well i am a star fan myself, i wanted to build a beast of a car, and like the comparison review said, if you want a beast get the kit with t3/t4, you wont beat it. As far as zipping around the city i would recommend the hrc, it makes you car quick, but the star kit top end literally pulls your car off the road. when i boost its like a shoot of nitrous it is outrageous. also with the star kit, you get a front mounted intercooler and not side, or if you do from hahn you are paying a fortune for the kit. so its what you want if you want to zip around town get the hahn but it you want a kit to build a beast of car then get the star and by the way you save a aleast a minimum of a few hundred dollars.
Put it this way i have a 12 sec gsx guy tell me hes afraid of me!
he knows what the t3/t4 is capable of
hope this helps
brian
eclispe star turbo gs
orlando dsm
7078, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-Jul-01 AT 04:15 PM (PST)

This whole comparison has been asked many times on this forum. If you buy a turbo HRC or Star it doesnt really mater which. As long as you have boost you can't go wrong. I have an HRC kit and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I also have called Bill up for some technical advise. That is the major difference between the kits. Star is no where to be found and HRC is just a phone call away. If you have fairly good knowledge about turbos then the star would be fine. I would have bought the Star kit if I didnt get a great deal from MWC for his used HRC kit. And as for intercoolers.....Get a stage one and then you can throw on a starion FMIC with custom piping for around $300 total. I am putting my intercooler on as soon as it gets here (next week!!). I am also waiting on some piping too. Watch out Turbo Red GS....When the intercooler goes on I think keith has someone else to be afraid of too!!!

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stage 1
Orlando DSM

7079, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
yeah we will

did you ask jeremys dad about my pistons, i want 15 lbs
7080, RE: Looking for Turbo Kit Information
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not yet but I will

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stage 1
Orlando DSM

I generated this page in 0.0090310573577881 seconds, executing 7 queries.