Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectCustom turbo
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=70177
70177, Custom turbo
Posted by jamsx1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys I'm going to try put a custom turbo together. So far I have the manifold and the turbo. The turbo is an Ford SVO. I wanna run about 10 psi with it. Can that do it or should I buy a T3/T4 hybid kit and put the T4 compreser on it? This is the first time I have done anything like this (but I am very good with cars). So I'll need some help. Any sugestions on the rest of the set up I'll need? I'm going to start this project in a month or so because i wanna pull the engine and rebuild it with je pistons(20 over) and eagle rods. Any feedback would be great thanks!
70255, RE: Custom turbo
Posted by 95redesi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get a new turbo .
70256, RE: Custom turbo
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

if it's the Garrett unit from the Ford 2.3 engine that turbo can push up to 20 psi on the Ford engine it has 0.6 a/r on both side

it will do 10 psi without even breaking a sweat on the chrysler 2.0 engine

also, if you don't have it, search for the matching Ford 02 housing it fits perfectly on our cars

check this guy website his project was done with a garrett turbo like yours must be and one of my manifold

http://bush.clearwire.net/

Alain
70280, RE: Custom turbo
Posted by lickscissors, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
here's two pics of my t3 from an 84 thunderbird. the o2 sensor housing works with our o2 sensors. i've read many posts by alian that this thing is pretty damn good, and really easy to use on our cars. keep the turbo. it's a good start. now if you want a million hundered thousand tons of information on the custom turbo set up, then you need to search. there's enough info on custom turbo set ups to make your eyes bleed. have fun reading :thumbsup

70281, RE: Custom turbo
Posted by ughhhead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dammit! that happens all the time. that post by lickscissors was actually me. he must have been logged in to 2gnt on this computer and i posted with his name. poop.
70341, RE: Custom turbo
Posted by jamsx1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah thats my turbo thanks a million guys. I was just looking at the outlet from the compresser housing and it looked pretty small.
70377, RE: Custom turbo
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
refer to sig....it's a good turb...spools fast :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0093810558319092 seconds, executing 7 queries.