Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectstar mani's some one shoot me
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=70077
70077, star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by 98starGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i know they crack but i was tightenin and it broke wtf.. i can't get anything to go right for me. i was goin to have everything finished this saturday now i duno what the deal is i guess i'll finish up the gauges and then see what happens. i'm so frustrated. i'm guess weldin it is an option but its only goin to be temperory at this point. open to suggestions so lets have them.
70079, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What exactly "broke"?
70085, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
the lower corner of the mani by the thermostat where the bolt goes thur.
70122, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That happens when you over-torque them. STAR manifolds are better about cracking than any of the others out there.
70146, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Also, it might be as a result of the stress from supporting your turbo, its wieght and the DP. Whats all this supported by? Just the manifold?:nono Better find a way to add support IMO.
70152, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
i didn't have anything on it yet, so dino's right i guess i over torqued it. well its an expensive mistake, now how do i fix it.
70157, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
See i you can warranty it with whoever you purchased it from... Most vendors are pretty good about that.

If you bought it used, well.. see if you can find a welding shop near you that can work cast iron
70159, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's more thna likelly a result of the content of the cast iron... it shouldn't do that... must be cheap metal... high silicon content maybe???

Blah, who knows...lol
70161, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
i got it from angel an old memeber from germantown Md. and i'm pretty sure he got it from overboost. so i duno last time i tried to get the instructions from them they wouldn't even give me those. i'm goin to try and get it welded. i was also thinkin about pinning it, and my last idea was milling it and makin an insert that i could screw into the mani. BUT before i do all that i'm checkin out an eclipse mani from turbonetic hopefully that will be all i need i dont want to do all this extra work for it to break again.
70171, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
well i got it welded so i'm goin to finish the car today hopefully there will be a post later sayin its ALIVE!!!!! wish me luck i'm not out of the woods yet.
70576, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by ben@importparts, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 98starGS
well i got it welded so i'm goin to finish the car today hopefully there will be a post later sayin its ALIVE!!!!! wish me luck i'm not out of the woods yet.

Star Performance offers a lifetime warranty on their manifolds. If you want to exchange your manifold for a new one, we'll be happy to take care of it for you. You just pay for shipping and we'll handle the rest. Let me know if you're interested.

ben@importparts.com
http://www.importparts.com>importparts.com - your import performance superstore
Hours: Mon-Sat 9AM-6PM PST - Sun By Appontment
Sales: 1-800-662-9552 - Tech Support: 1-626-286-4448
AIM: Importparts Ben
70577, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lifetrime warrenty my ass.....overboost charged me 500.00 for a new one when it came with a damn hole in the crevis between ports 1 and 2. I would like to know where Drag states they offer a lifetime warrenty on them....this could be really good info. My newmanifold is out for ceramic coating.....i have a cracked one on the car now can you warrenty that?

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)
70581, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Steve, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
does alain still make custom manifolds for us? wouldnt that be a nice option?...
70584, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Steve
does alain still make custom manifolds for us? wouldnt that be a nice option?...

I still do :)

lots of free time comming up this summer so it's time to order manifolds L)
I need some cash to complete my 2.4 swap

Alain
70585, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Steve, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How much do you charge? cause I was doddling the idea of putting a turbo kit together for myself...since ppl seem to be having problems getting star kits..and I dont really want an internaly gated one so yeah.. and good luck on the 2.4 swap I WISH I could do that.
70586, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Steve
How much do you charge?

$300
external wastegate + $25
metal donut with 1/8 NPT egt sensor hole + $25
shipping to USA : $25

email or pm for details

Alain

70682, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah its bad to overtorque the manifold. Try as much as possible to get them all the same torque also, its only suppose to be like 9 lbs or something. Its worse to tighten a couple and have it uneven than it is to have them all properly torqued and even. The bitches still want to come off though O_o locktite and studs :)
70795, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
lifetrime warrenty my ass.....overboost charged me 500.00 for a new one when it came with a damn hole in the crevis between ports 1 and 2. I would like to know where Drag states they offer a lifetime warrenty on them....this could be really good info. My newmanifold is out for ceramic coating.....i have a cracked one on the car now can you warrenty that?

That's what happens when you buy anything from an unauthorized dealer. You don't get the service when you need it most. We are the largest STAR Performance distributor in the U.S. and that allows us to handle all warranty claims. They offer a full lifetime warranty on their manifolds so to answer your qustion, yes we will warranty your manifold if it is cracked. I hope that answers your question.
70811, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Will they warranty a manifold that has been modified with expansion relief cuts between the runners?

What about one that has been ported? These things would be good to know.

Welcome to the site, Ben.
70817, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If the man wants to warranty the mani's please don't argue. I wish i would have know this 4 months ago, mine crack in the same place, only on both corners of the manifold. I studded my head w/ + size studs so the torque may have been a little more than whats recommended :)
70843, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Here's the deal we can offer all STAR turbo kit owners. Until the end of May, we will warranty any cracked STAR manifold regardless of where you purchased it from. Email me if you have any questions.
70842, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Dino, if you make any changes that would change the integrity of the manifold it will not be covered. The warranty service includes an inspection of the manifold to make sure such changes were not performed on the manifold. Thanks for the welcome. I plan to stick around and help out as much as I can.
70849, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ben@importparts
I plan to stick around and help out as much as I can.

That's good to hear. I may not be turbo myself, but I sure hear a lot of people with questions or doubts about the Star kits. Maybe it's just that HRC is much more accessible or something, but the Star kits sound more exotic. (and me likey better) :P
70856, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Ben WELCOME to the board my friend... I have 2 ?'s for you.
1. Would tapping the mani for an EGT bung void the warrenty?
2. What about after May? Would it be on a case by case basis or would the lifetime warrenty nolonger be good?
70860, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by Kirby
Hey Ben WELCOME to the board my friend... I have 2 ?'s for you. 1. Would tapping the mani for an EGT bung void the warrenty? 2. What about after May? Would it be on a case by case basis or would the lifetime warrenty nolonger be good?

Thanks for the warm welcome. Here are your answers:

1. It will depend if the tap is the cause of the crack. We would have to inspect the manifold.
2. We can only offer this service for a limited time. Once our offer has expired, your best bet is to contact the dealer you ordered your kit from.
70960, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well Ben can you warrenty mine without a problem so that if anything ever goes wrong I can try to contact you instead of Wyatt????....lol So there is a lifetime warrenty through any authroized dealer then correct?
70967, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by Kirby
Well Ben can you warrenty mine without a problem so that if anything ever goes wrong I can try to contact you instead of Wyatt????....lol So there is a lifetime warrenty through any authroized dealer then correct?

Our warranty service is only good until the end of the month. If you ever have a problem with your manifold outside that period of time, call the place your ordered your kit from.
71025, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
May you all be damned to Hell for not giving up points to this Kn0ob for doing up and beyond the call of service for shit he may not have sent/ sold you.

Welcome to the site, your help is greatly appreciated
71344, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by Skrilla
May you all be damned to Hell for not giving up points to this Kn0ob for doing up and beyond the call of service for shit he may not have sent/ sold you. Welcome to the site, your help is greatly appreciated

No points are needed. I'm just here to help.

Come on guys. We're offering the warranty service until the end of May and so far only one taker? I thought this was an epidemic...

:P

71349, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by ben@importparts
I thought this was an epidemic... :P

Many would like you to believe this happens much more than it actually does. I have some friends that broke manifolds, i'll see if they'd like to swap them out. ;-)
71357, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All i want to know is where were you about 2 months ago when my star mani cracked on me and i dumped 800+ bucks switching to a fast fab mani and all the supporting stuff associated. Its cool what your doing and i'd surely take you up on it had i not sold my manifold on here. I'll definately look you up when it comes time to mod my stuff again. I support anyone that supports this board. Kudos to you.
71389, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
I wanna thank everyone for the kind words. We're always here to help.
71598, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
2 manifolds replaced so far. Any more?
71614, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by extreme97nt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How about the lower part of the ic to tb pipe that I got shorted from wyatt. He said he was gona send it numerous times but its been over a year and still no pipe.

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...
www.cnnmotorsports.com
71615, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I cant remove my cracked manifold untill i get the new one back from the ceramic coating...can you give me a rain check if i dont get it back in time?

Terry
71620, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Posted by Sorry_i_Win, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just got my turbo kit today. I bought it used from a member here (not naming any names) and the manifold is cracked, which the seller failed to mention, so I'd love to get it replaced. I just sent you an email about it 5 minutes ago. Please get back to me asap so I can ship it out to u before the end of the month.
71654, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by Sorry_i_Win
I just got my turbo kit today. I bought it used from a member here (not naming any names) and the manifold is cracked, which the seller failed to mention, so I'd love to get it replaced. I just sent you an email about it 5 minutes ago. Please get back to me asap so I can ship it out to u before the end of the month.

Email replied. Just make sure you get it postmarked by the 31st.
71653, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I cant remove my cracked manifold untill i get the new one back from the ceramic coating...can you give me a rain check if i dont get it back in time? Terry

I wish I could. This offer is only good until May 31.
71652, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
Originally posted by extreme97nt
How about the lower part of the ic to tb pipe that I got shorted from wyatt. He said he was gona send it numerous times but its been over a year and still no pipe. best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction) fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong... www.cnnmotorsports.com

That's something you'll have to work out with whoever you bought it from. I'd be pretty pissed off if I waited a year for a pipe without any word.
71759, RE: star mani's some one shoot me
3 takers so far. This offer ends on the 31st.
I generated this page in 0.016412019729614 seconds, executing 7 queries.