Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectHELP: Missing Link
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=68277
68277, HELP: Missing Link
Posted by Pyscodragon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My missing link is jacked up and im hitting fuel cut at random and the damn filter came out.What do I need from radio shack to build a voltageclamp .Ive tried searching and havent found much.Anybody know what I would need.
68293, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Well I took the missing link off and Im able to boost ? Why is that I thought any pos mani pressure and fuel cut?Im starting to think the missing link was never working to begin with
68296, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by extreme97nt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My missing linkl never really works for me either. Your not the only one!

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
fastest 2GNT with a hitch! until proven wrong...
68299, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Synapse tech (I think), are pretty good about replacing defective ones.

Also, to build the radio shack fcd, look for NER947 post, 2-6 pages back. The title is like, fuel cut problem solved.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

68423, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by 98starGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
search this

Also, to build the radio shack fcd, look for NER947 post, 2-6 pages back. The title is like, FUEL CUT PROBLEM SOLVED.
68337, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pyscodragon
Well I took the missing link off and Im able to boost ?

Highly unlikely. From the limited information you have givin us I am skeptical. :wary

Why is that I thought any pos mani pressure and fuel cut?

To a degree but yes. Another reason I think you're not telling us everything.

Im starting to think the missing link was never working to begin with

Call me a Doubting Thomas but I am a not-so-humble no0b.
68339, RE: HELP: Missing Link
OK heres my setup:T3 air research turbo,Star manifold,Vortech 12:1 FMU,Star Downpipe,Deltagate,255 fuelpump, 1G intercooler ,miss. radiator pipies and star stage 1 pipes for intake, blocked off EGR, 160 thermostat.Everything was werking ok except for the transition from vac to boost but from what ive read thays unpopularly normal. My usual boost is like 4-5 psi. I put the missing link back on and it does the same thing but at diffrent times and seems to do it alot more when Ive been driving for a while. Heres what happens at WOT I can boost fine it pulls ok and then usually anywhere from 3.4-7K RPM the car just dies no backfire nothing like it goes numb I can push in the clutch and let it back out and it will come back on but when I let off the gas right after it happens no blowoff but I can here the turbo still spinning for a breif second. usualy after Ive drove for a while it will do this also in first gear at any boosted RPM. I pulled all of the spark plugs they all look normal.(light grayish on the tip) This also happens at part throttle too its just more random.
68364, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Well I did a little more testing it seems 1rst gear cuts out at 5.5 K and 2nd and 3rd cuts out around 4.2 K (this is at WOT).Im gonna try and reset the ECU and see if there is any change.
68409, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Well I took off the missing link, The car runs exactly the same.Who sells a electronic map volt clamp? How much is it? Im done with the missing link POS.
68424, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a star voltage clamp that comes w/ the kit. never been out of the bag, i've had the missing link from day one. pm me if you want it
68445, RE: HELP: Missing Link
I PM You. Thankyou :bowdown
68499, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ehhh its called a ZENER DIODE.. we need a 4.3V i think. its what the turbododge guys have been runnin for years.
68661, RE: HELP: Missing Link
Posted by PiKapp504, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Psycho, if BLUNT doesn't work out, I've got my old one from HRC. Still works. I used it for like, shoot, almost a year without problems. I just went with the Missing Link cuz I prefer mechanical over electrical (personal preference). If you want it, let me know!
I generated this page in 0.0099258422851562 seconds, executing 7 queries.