Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectSome questions about turbos.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=66934
66934, Some questions about turbos.
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, this is not really important (I think it's not important)
But I just want to know the answer.
I have a 16G turbo, and it has 4 holes in the center, 2 for oil in/out, and the other 2 is for water cool in/out.

And I been running my turbo without hooking up the water cool in/out at all (only installed the oil), is that ok?

Do I have to get the water in/out done on the 16G?
If I do install them, will it benefit?

Thanks all.
I did search on how to modify the coolant hose to redirect the coolant to the turbo, but I just wanna know if it's neccessary or better for the turbo or other means of improvement!

THanks.
Gil
66935, RE: Some questions about turbos.
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Putting water lines could extend the life of a turbocharger and could also eliminate the need for an turbo timer

but most turbos could also live without water lines

if you want to connect water line a nice place to splice is on the return line of the heater core that goes just aove the turbomanifold and you put your return on the lower hose

Alain
66936, RE: Some questions about turbos.
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So does that mean my hrc super 16g come with the water lines to be hooked up?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, turbo xs rfl, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

66946, RE: Some questions about turbos.
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AFAIK hahn doesn't provide water lines even if the 16g is made to be watercooled

If they do it now it's a recent modification of their kit content

Alain
66947, RE: Some questions about turbos.
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I use galant lines/banjos to hook up my doolant lines...
I generated this page in 0.010900974273682 seconds, executing 7 queries.