Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectTesting fuel pressure with HRC gauge and equip.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=63804
63804, Testing fuel pressure with HRC gauge and equip.
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay so I have been having some problems with fuel because I have the Cartech Regualtor that came with my HRC Stage 1 and it's been quite cold lately. So I want to test the fuel pressure with the gauge and everything that came with the HRC package. I had the kit installed by a local shop here pretty much because the fuel system was over my head. So they made sure everything was running to Hahn's standards on the instructions so they have already built the guauge and everthing. The only problem with me testing the fuel is I don't know where the darn thing plugs in at. I looked at all the instructions and to my understanding it plugs in at the bottom side of the regualtor (see pic) except that the guauge they made and tested with has a male end and so does that part that I thought it pluged into. So I maybe just having a brain fart but I don't know what else to do or where to look. Please help me guys. Thanks in advance.

63812, RE: Testing fuel pressure with HRC gauge and equip.
Posted by KTECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
In your second picture, their is a plug on the brass tee. This brass tee should be installed into the port on the regulator marked IN. For clarification, the brass plug is surrounded by a white teflon paste. This plug is removed through the use of an allen key. This plug needs to be removed to hook up the fuel pressure gauge.

As a precaution, make sure you are performing this procedure on a cool engine as you don't want fuel dripping onto a hot part of the engine and producing a spark. Remember when removing this plug, the fuel system may be under slight pressure. Make sure you have plenty of rags under the regulator to absorb the fuel that might spill and to remove the plug slowly to gradually reduce the pressure.

Once the plug is removed, apply teflon paste to the male end of the fuel pressure gauge assembly. Screw it into the tee where the plug was. Tighten this connection. You are now ready to test the fuel pressure. Fuel pressure will only be accurate while the car is running. Simply turning the key to on will not show you your idle fuel pressure.

To reassemble, follow the procedure in reverse. Always use teflon paste on all the connections and make sure they are tight (don't over tighten).

It is a basic procedure and shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to do.

Hope this helps,
Kurt

63813, RE: Testing fuel pressure with HRC gauge and equip.
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks man! You answered everything I was wondering about and was very detailed. Points for you :thumbsup
63818, RE: Testing fuel pressure with HRC gauge and equip.
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you want to make sure theres no fuel pressure before you remove the plug, simply disconnect the plug from the ignition coil pack on top of the valve cover and then remove the fuse/relay for the fuel pump.... once this is done then crank the car over for a few seconds... this will remove the fuel pressure from the rail safely.

Lee.
I generated this page in 0.010894775390625 seconds, executing 7 queries.