Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subject"CHECK ENGINE" light comes on! shit...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=63307
63307, "CHECK ENGINE" light comes on! shit...
Posted by gilee_8, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sup guys.
After fixing the turbo feed line oil leak (spraying everywhere) and changed the exhaust manifold gasket, now my car is NICE and quiet! no more lifters ticking, and no more exhaust leaking! so quiet!

well, back to the topic, after putting all the DP, turbo, exhaust manifold, IC pipes, etc, I drove my car for about 30miles to NYC.
Then.... I see my Digital A/F gauge is STUCK to 1. not 1.000 but just 1. then I realize it doesn't cycle anymore, like stick at like .45x or .5xx then the STUPID "CHECK ENGINE" light went on.

DAMN??? what happened? did I fxxked something up?
Please help?
Gil
63308, RE:
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
figure out what the cel code is and start from there.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

63311, RE:
THanks...
I will be going to the Autozone tomroorw!
Gil
63321, RE:
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you unplug the front O2 sensor connector by any chance, when you took off the dp (and forgot to reconnect it)???? Just giving a blind opinion:-)
63329, RE:
Posted by thegame, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea... check autozone first and see what it is. something with your 02 though. maybe going bad? not in all the way? but if it has nothing to do with your 02, check and re-do your wiring for your a/f gauge. i know sometimes my wiring comes loose a bit and screws with my turbo timer, so it might be doing the same thing if the cel isnt 02 related.

14.5 @ 95mph / 7psi 185hp/180tq :thumbsdown
63333, RE:
Posted by run4cvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Also check your wiring for you AF signal wire. I think Uber melted his on the EGT pipe and was getting some serious car issues: erratic AF gaguge, car ran like crap...
63504, RE:
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you do wind up having to replace your o2 sensor, get the oem sensor and not an autozone/carquext/yadayada sensor. The oem ones are the only ones that consistantly last longer than a few months of use.
63508, O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Sup guys,
Sorry, it's been very busy to post.

I went to Autozone, and the code came out to be a O2 sensor no activities.
So I think my O2 sensor need a new one.

Now my symtoms are these:
-when started the car, alot of smelly exhaust coming out (smell like gas)
-when boosting, my EGT goes up SO FAST, twice I went to 900C degree (over 1640F) SO SCARED, it went up so fast.

Can the above two is due to my BAD o2 sensors? or something is FUCKED?

Gil
63513, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Posted by DSMeclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey man,
I'm not sure but I've been having symptoms like you. ALthough I still have the stock injectors on my stage 1 HRC, my EGT's skyrocket as well (always did since the turbo install :( ) and my exhausts smell like gas also.

I wouldn't have thought I had a problem related to yours. However, I had my car in pieces for a few months (installing new headlights and hood) and when I turned it on for the first time last week, for a second or two, the CEL light was fluttering and looked like it wanted to come on, but it shut off and never came back since. Maybe my O2 sensor is on it's way out soon????, IF a bad O2 could cause high EGT's..... not sure tho, just assuming like ^^^... sorry for the highjack but help is appreciated!!!!

PS - but I haven't seen a similar situation with my AF gauge. SEE MY POST in this section for full info.... but on a side note, my AF gauge reads a bit rich while my EGT's soar high.... ???? I'm confused

"Who needs a 4G63? I'd rather walk the competition than my crank..."

- Bill Hahn.... 420a GOD :bowdown
63567, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
not just smell like gas, but it is Thick white smoke!
gil
63604, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Posted by DSMeclipseGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oh ....lol well i dont have THAT problem. I dont know... probably just an injector problem.... we'll see soon
63618, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Will that be the O2 sensors?
coz it's fucked...
I haven't have a change to replace it yet, coz it's SO FUCKING COLD HERE>

today, HIGHEST is only -8F and feel like -22F and lowest today is -25F.... FUCKING NORTH POLE HERE!!!

Gil
63633, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Posted by solareclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you have a garage purchase a 40,000btu heater.... they are only about $130.00 you can get them for cheap on ebay... got me working on mine again... ;)
63704, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a lot of thick white smoke is not a good sign. you could be leaking coolant.
63707, RE:
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by run4cvr
Also check your wiring for you AF signal wire. I think Uber melted his on the EGT pipe and was getting some serious car issues: erratic AF gaguge, car ran like crap...

the gauge was defective i think, the wiring was good from what i say but yeah, gauge started freaking out and car ran like shit if it would stay on and i kept throwing p0171 for system too lean, o2 sensor.
63708, RE: O2 sensors are FUCKED.
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by gilee_8
Will that be the O2 sensors? coz it's fucked... I haven't have a change to replace it yet, coz it's SO FUCKING COLD HERE> today, HIGHEST is only -8F and feel like -22F and lowest today is -25F.... FUCKING NORTH POLE HERE!!! Gil

pull your af guage wiring to the whatever you have tapped. reset ecu. run car. does that fix it? if not buy new o2 sensor. done
I generated this page in 0.011214017868042 seconds, executing 7 queries.