Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subject14b oil/coolant lines questions......
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=59117
59117, 14b oil/coolant lines questions......
Posted by lickscissors, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a 14b for my upcomming turbo project....just wondering if anyone can let me know which ports are the in/out for the oil/coolant..... the turbo i got did not have these lines on it, so are these able to be made easily, or should i buy some fittings for them..... also, how neccesary is the coolant line for 5-7psi? i plan on doing it anyways, i just thought i heard it was unnecessary... where do you jump off of for the coolant lines.....thanks
doug
59171, RE: 14b oil/coolant lines questions......
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
on my T3 the coolant line is on the front and back of the turbo and the oil lines are on the top and bottom. The water line doesn't go very far into the bearing housing and kind of goes around the out side. The oil line goes "deep" and if I remember right I could see the shaft on my turbo through one of the oil ports. Also the water line fittings on mine are bigger...like 3/8 NPT and the oil line is 1/8 NPT. As for the water source I run all my heater core coolant through the turbo now. I took the short piece of heater hose out of the heater core line that runs from the lower radiator hose up along the drivers side of the block and ran that through my turbo. Works good...but I think my heater runs a little warmer now...LOL I defineately think that the coolant line is worth the effort. Less turbo timing and much cooler under hood temps, but it isn't something you have to do...for me it was never a question not to. Hope this helps.
59194, RE: 14b oil/coolant lines questions......
Posted by lickscissors, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well it helps a little.....i dont know how close the t3 is to the 14b...so if someone that has a 14b can let me know which ones are the inlet/outlets to these...or if it even matters...thanks
doug
59199, RE: 14b oil/coolant lines questions......
Posted by alain95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
start by finding the oil outlet
it's the larger of the holes and you will see 2 bolt holes next to it, one on each side
once you have that one at the opposite of the turbo you will the oil inlet
the last 2 holes are the water ones

Alain
I generated this page in 0.01317286491394 seconds, executing 7 queries.