Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectAnother problem......turbo people
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=48459
48459, Another problem......turbo people
Posted by Soon2bboosted, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was cruisin yesterday just intalled my turbo timer and all of a sudden my car dropped in rpm and stalled I dont know what it is does anybody have an idea? Engine service light came on also ( i have a missing link). I dunno whats going on.
And have any idea how to fix that, I unhooked my battery and plug it back up and it ran fine last night though.
48460, RE: Another problem......turbo people
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, if you hadn't reset the ecu, you probably could have pulled the code that it threw when it stalled, which would have helped you figure out why. Since there isn't a code to help you along, it leaves a large field of things to choose from, and nothing to narrow it down.

Could be cam angle sensor, crank angle sensor, harness, plug...
48481, RE: Another problem......turbo people
Posted by Soon2bboosted, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Code? Im ignorant man explain
48482, RE: Another problem......turbo people
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got this one Mr. D. Well Mr. Ignorant what he meant by code is a our cars are able to tell us what's wrong with them as soon as they shoot the check engine light. All you have to do when the check engine light comes on is shut the car off. With the key you go back and forth like this on-off-on-off-on. Leave the key to on for that last turn and sit there and watch the check engine light blink a certain number of times. They shoot codes in pairs. Meaning the CEL blinks and about a second later it'll blink certain amount again then it'll have a long pause then they'll shoot out the second pair and the the third pair and so on. Between each pair of blinks there will be a longer than usual pause. first pair is usualy a 12 which means nothing. When the car is done it will shoot a 55 which means nothing else follows. Just go to the tech section of this page.
I generated this page in 0.012269020080566 seconds, executing 7 queries.