Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectConsidering NOS-Few Questions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=43347
43347, Considering NOS-Few Questions
Posted by TragikTSi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, I don't know too much about this "NOS" shit, so here are my questions.

1) How much of a shot can we handle on stock internals?
2) If I wanted to do 2 bottles of naws what would I need to do to the motor to make sure I wouldn't blow it? --Theres a 93 TSi AWD Rollin' around here with 2 bottles but refused to tell me how he set it up a real prick he is.
3) Does Venom make a kit for our cars?
4) Would NOS affect the xs 16G turbo killer?

Thanks.....

'TragikTSi'
1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

Thanks to my nigguh EclipsedOne the only Eclipse to ever beat me, for upping the flicks....
43348, RE: Considering NOS-Few Questions
Posted by Nitrous_RS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
1) dont know about the 4g63 engine, but i know a guy with a newer GSX running a 75-shot, but he still has the t-25 and stock boost. if you are asking about the 420a, the 75 is the highest i would go on stock internals. get colder plugs and a bigger fuel pump. 2) the two bottles thing doesnt have anything to do with the size of the shot. usually it is used to ru na progressive set up(one bottle runs,say, a 50 shot, then in like 2nd or 3rd gear the other sprays a 100-shot, to keep wheel spin down.) i wouldnt worry with two bottles, you can run progressive off one bottle now. only real use for two bottles is looks or to have one waiting when the other runs out. i GUESS you could spray em both at the same time, but i wouldnt reccomend it.

NitrousEclipse97@aol.com
http://www.teamklr.com
1997 Eclipse RS
JE Pistons
Crower Rods
HRC Turbo Kit
Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's

1994 Eclipse GS-T
Greddy Boost Controller(15psi)
Greddy BOV
Autometer Boost and A/F gauges

43349, RE: Considering NOS-Few Questions
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You need to ask these questions on a 4g63 board. This is a 420A board so we really don't know what the 4g63 engine can handle. You may want to try dsmtalk or dsm.org Good luck.

As far as the 2 bottle setup, that can be 2 things. Either plumbed together so you have twice as much nitrous to spray on the shot you are running or you can have a dual stage setup with a 50 shot to get you off the line and then kick in the second shot after you get going. To run a dual dhot you would probably have to build the internals, I know that we would have to with the 420A but the 4g63, I don't know.

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/

All Motor Beast in need of MAJOR TUNING

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Nameless Cold Air Intake with a K&N Filter
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

43350, RE: Considering NOS-Few Questions
Posted by 55shot98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Venom makes a kit for the 4g63 and not the 420a but I have heard that the kit won't work because the voltage going to the control unit from our cars is too low. But if you can boost that voltage it should work.
43351, RE: Considering NOS-Few Questions
The only thing I'm really worried about is the turbo I paid lots of money for that thing.....
Thanks guys I'll ask more on the turbo boards.

'TragikTSi'
1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Thanks to my nigguh EclipsedOne the only Eclipse to ever beat me, for upping the flicks....
43352, It has been done
Just finished talking with my install guy at the our performance shop and we've decided to bulid the motor so it can handle a 100hp shot of the magic gas. The TragikTSi goes in monday and we start the slow proccess on wensday after I get off work, It's going to be fun. But if anyone ask's no I don't have NOS. :)

'TragikTSi'
1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

I generated this page in 0.010471820831299 seconds, executing 7 queries.