Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectTurbo install commences!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=408
408, Turbo install commences!!
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I get one week off from work and now I can install my turbo! wish me luck! First I'll attempt the fuel pump replacement...hope it's not hard at all...

However, can't do much cause my adjustable FMU hasn't arrived yet =(((

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

l e o n

409, RE: Turbo install commences!!
Posted by BoostnRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
With a fuel pump in place you should be able to hit up to 2-3psi w/o an FMU.. just becareful... Use an EGT + A/F guage at all times..

good luck !

410, 2-3psi without a fmu?
Posted by Wyatt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just curious, hwo do you figure that?the MAP doesn't even see + pressure so it won't know what to do with that extra air. Granted Leon has a 95, but his fuel pump isn't going o raise fuel pressure, he stil has the stock reg on that will set it at around 47-50psi.
You need that extra 15+psi of fuel pressure to basically "push" more fuel through your injectors at eh higher feul pressure.
I think you might have it backwards. I wouldn't be afraid of boosting 3-4psi with a stock FUEL PUMP, and a 12:1 riser but not just a fuel pump. I'm not totally sure, but I know our pumps have top be good for at least 80-85psi of fuel pressure (otherwise you would see a lot more problems with the DRY NOS setup guys)
just my 2 cents, give me your thoughts.
Oh, LEon. dod you get your e-mail? FMU is on its way!
Wyatt

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

411, RE: 2-3psi without a fmu?
Posted by BoostnRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh hehe... The reason i know is because i tried it...
Well my FMU vacuum line got disconnected and i was leaning out running @ 5psi...
but when i backed down the boost it seemed ok @ just a couple of psi... Im sure it might just a little lean but it will be ok..

okay enuff rambling.. !!

latez

412, RE: 2-3psi without a fmu?
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So does that mean upgrading the fuel pump would make my car run rich now? Hmmm....

I don't think I wanna even try running boost yet...that thought of that scares me..

Wyatt: Yes I got the email..thanks so much! I hope I get my SuperFMU pretty soon!

l e o n

I generated this page in 0.010621070861816 seconds, executing 7 queries.