Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectAnyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=30944
30944, Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Posted by chachi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well hopefully sometime soon I'll be getting my HRC Stage 2 Kit from the group buy. So I was wondering if anyone in the Northern Cali area (a bit north of SF, Sonoma county to be exact) would be willing to help with the install. I'd be willing to pay for the help, but I'm on a tight enough budget so I can't afford to pay some shop $600+ to do, that and I want to get the experience of doing it. I probably won't be doing it for a few weeks, depending on when I get every thing shipped, and I'm just getting all my shit together of what I need to do the install.

So any volenteers? You get $$, and points, and the satisfaction of helping a fellow 2gnt member :).
30945, RE: Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Posted by randy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You should hook up with zhr420. he's installing his kit now.
30946, RE: Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Posted by caliboy23, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah bro I'll give you a hand. I've never done a turbo install on an N/T before but I don't mind being an extra set of hands. Plus I wanna learn how to do it so that when I install my kit I know what's going on.

You'll have to be the one to tap the block though. email me when you have a time and place set up.

Mark

caliboy23@dsmtalk.com
30947, RE: Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Cool man, if you wanna help that'd be cool. But I'd also like to get some help (if possible) from someone who has done the install too.

I'm hoping to do it in less than a month, depending on when I get my kit shipped. Where you at? I'm probably going to do it at my place, which is this tiny ass town of Cotati, it's between Petaluma and Santa Rosa. That is unless someone wants to donate a garage to use :).

Anyone else?
30948, RE: Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im pretty decent but merlin has installed his own kit too... we can both help... r u going to the nor cali meet?

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 15 degrees Frank 2 w/46trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, AEM big brake upgrade w/MM pads, MOMO Race steering wheel, Ground Controls Coilovers, Koni Yellows, Ingalls Camber Kit, F&R STBs and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

30949, RE: Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
I'm going to try to make it, do you have a specific day and place set yet?

Merlin was the first person I asked if he wanted to help, but he said no, seems like no one in this area has even seen a HRC kit, let alone installed one. I'm mainly just looking for people with more mechanical experience than me, and hopefully experience with turbo.
30950, RE: Anyone in NorCal wanna help with HRC install?
Posted by caliboy23, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's up bro. I'm in a town called Fairfield. A little over an hour from you. In Solano county. Right between Frisco and Sacramento on the 80. Yeah man, let me know when you wanna do it. I'll be there. I don't even want your money. I just wanna help out and get a little under the hood time.

Keep me in the loop and let me know what's going on. caliboy23@dsmtalk.com

Or call me.
Mark (707)688-5894

I generated this page in 0.012789011001587 seconds, executing 7 queries.