Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectrebuild quote
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=30925
30925, rebuild quote
Posted by ecl98pse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here is what a shop quoted me for a bottom and top end rebuild along with some other sh*t. please tell me what you think about the prices.
I know they are some what high but i'm not sure where i can get the stuff cheaper so if you know where i can then please post.TIA

JE pistons(8.5:1) $550
Crower rods $699
Quaife LSD $1295
CM stage 4 $742.50

$1500 for labor :including boring, polishing crank, new bearings, seals, 3 angle valve job, and installing everything eccept LSD witch is an additional $30
30926, RE: rebuild quote
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
www.howellautomotive.com

I beleive that their "bottom end" kit comes with forged internals for about 1000. It also comes with everything to do the rebuild on the bottom end.
Sounds like they didn't quote you for other things like oil pump, water pump, head gasket, rings, berings...those little things add up quick.
30927, RE: rebuild quote
>www.howellautomotive.com
>
>I beleive that their "bottom end" kit comes with forged
>internals for about 1000. It also comes with everything to
>do the rebuild on the bottom end.
>Sounds like they didn't quote you for other things like oil
>pump, water pump, head gasket, rings, berings...those little
>things add up quick.

The howell kit doesn't have crower rods. and they did include all the "other things" in the price i just didn't write it all out. :)
30928, RE: rebuild quote
Posted by pn0ymahal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well im going to ask you why crower? how much hp are you planning on running? eagle are good for say, 400hp! and crower are just hmmm better... but yah depends whats your goal.
good luck

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun etc?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast
30929, RE: rebuild quote
eagles are good for 400hp so thats 400 at the crank. if you are puttinh out 350 or so at the wheels then it is going to be close to 400 at the crank. i plan on about 400hp to the wheels.
30930, RE: rebuild quote
someone told me they are 'rated' at 400hp for eagle rods, but they can push alot more. unless your going to push the hp like the hrc rs then get crower.. i plan to push 400hp+ in the future ( when im alot older) if i still have the car so im getting i hope crower.
cool

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2

30931, RE: rebuild quote
ya rods is still an iffy subject. But, I figure i'm always going to want more power so why not do it right the first time. also i plan on having the car for a long time cause i have too much time money and sweat&blood.(don't think i could let it go).
30932, RE: rebuild quote
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well i dont believe anyone on here is making 400 hp at the wheels, if anyone its brad or armond...i could be wrong but i dont think theyve hit 400. which means the chances of you doing so are next to zero. get the eagles cryo'd and theyre good for a great deal more than 400 at the wheels.
30933, RE: rebuild quote
Posted by MotoFool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my engine build is going like this je pistons je rings eagle rods knife edged crank blue printed bottom end

arp head studs port and polish head and other goodies up north

and im shooting for 400hp maybe ill make it maybe i wont but hey its a possible goal

what do u mean by cryod explain please

Thanks
Bill
30934, RE: rebuild quote
cyan, maybe others are close or over 400hp at the wheels i belive armond is. but remember its his money, i tried letting him know eagles are just as good, but then again its his money. if he plans to spend as much as armond and have problems or race his car like a mad man or so then get crower.. they are great from what i was told.
good luck

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2

30935, RE: rebuild quote
Posted by BoostedGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>>what do u mean by cryod explain please

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think cryo-treating is where you take the parts (like rods) and freeze them to some insane temperature, like -200 degrees or something. Then you gradually bring them back to ambient temperature over a long period of time. This makes the metal more dense, which makes them stronger.
30936, RE: rebuild quote
I don't care whether or not you think i can make 400hp. what i want to know is whether or not the eagle rods will repetedly hold 350+ hp.
I generated this page in 0.012063980102539 seconds, executing 7 queries.