Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectdyno tuned....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=27888
27888, dyno tuned....
Posted by spicyMitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what exactly do they adjust/tune, when u bring it to a place that can tune it for you? i know they cant really adjust my fuel pressure since i got the vortech fmu. i dont have an safc or anything, so would there be a point to a dyno tune at 5psi non-intercooled? also where would i bring it? anyone know anywhere on long island to get this done?
27889, RE: dyno tuned....
Posted by RoboTechDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think when they dyno tune, they adjust the optimal air\fuel ratio (somehow) to make the most power. Or they mess with the timing and such. Don't qoute me on that though.
27890, RE: dyno tuned....
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well you need to have a way to adjust your A/F ratio, or your timing for good tuning. This means you should have a way to adjust fuel pressure, A/F ratio, using the SAFC or similar, and adjustable cam gears for timing adjustments. I'm sure there are more ways, but these are the most popular to do anyway.. If you dont have any of these items, then i wouldnt waste your money, unless you just want to see what HP and torque is at your wheels, like after adding mods or whatever..
I generated this page in 0.0089578628540039 seconds, executing 7 queries.