Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectAttn: All turbo users with exhausts installed!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=25305
25305, Attn: All turbo users with exhausts installed!
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ive tried to find some info on this topic but cant find any actual opinions...what i want to know is, of all the turbo users here, narrow that down to all turbo users with 2.5" exhausts all the way back. did any of you with full 2.5" catbacks who are also using either a hi-flo cat or a test pipe, what did your exhausts soudn like? i need to know if i will need a cherry bomb, or some sort of resonator?
25306, RE: Attn: All turbo users with exhausts installed!
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Generally not.

The turbo itself is a restriction which will "muffle" the exhaust sound to the extent that an extra resonator or premuffler is not needed. this is why some of the newer turbo cars (like the SRT4) don't even have mufflers..
25307, RE: Attn: All turbo users with exhausts installed!
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good, the ricers wont even hear me smoke them
25308, RE: Attn: All turbo users with exhausts installed!
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just don't get a ridiculously large gorilla muffler of over 5" in diameter at the tip, and I guarantee it'll be reasonably quiet.

I've heard many turbo cars after 3" full turbo back exhausts and test pipes. Although, they're somewhat bassy, they're also relatively quiet and not obnoxious at all. IMO, it's definitely the muffler, and not the pipe size that makes the biggest impression on houw loud a "turbo" exhaust is.
25309, RE: Attn: All turbo users with exhausts installed!
Posted by Nitrous_RS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had a 2.5 inch cat-back before i went turbo, then after the turbo kit was on it was 2.5 all the way back (greddy EVO) and the exhaust was noticably quieter and deeper with the turbo on it...with a testpipe.
I generated this page in 0.011826038360596 seconds, executing 7 queries.