Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectFLex Section
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=21279
21279, FLex Section
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just wondering but has ne1 added a flex section to their downpipe? They say if you run a lot of HP you should get one and I bought a 3" flex section from RRE a while ago and its like enormous. I took it to the muff shop today to see if they can get it installed and they said it was too big, thy'd need to lower it and do all this work to it to get it to fit.

You guyz running high HP/boost have you installed a flex section b4? The last thing I need is the dowpipe cracking on me. I'm guessing if peeps can run 20psi or whatever without a flex section its not a big deal.
21280, RE: FLex Section
Posted by rpm97talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I run one bro I dont understand all the work involved? Do you have 3 " exhaust? If so its a matter of cutting a section out and putting the flex in. I fabbed the whole pipe manifold to cat back. It was easy. late mike
21281, RE: FLex Section
you put it on the catback?! But isn't it suppose to be on or near the downpipe? Got pix of it? The reason the thing won't fit is because it huge. If they were to weld it on it would like touch the oil pan and stuff. Stupid star downpipe doesn't hang low enough to install one. :(

NE1 else got one?
21282, RE: FLex Section
Posted by Manek1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i cracked mine twice with 10psi.....got flex put in and no probs.....i would do this ASAP.....for those who haven't installed their kit yet, do this before you install it.....
21283, RE: FLex Section
does it matter where you install the flex section? Is there a place that sells a 2 3/4" flex section, that 3 inch one I got is pretty big. The problem was that the downpipe came really close to the oil pan and I'd have to make the downpipe longer so it would go lower then install the flex section which would cost me $$$$. Darn looks like gotta install the flex section just how can I is the questions....
21284, RE: FLex Section
Posted by Manek1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
go to an exhaust shop and they should have one or be able to order one. i put mine in front of my cat. should be after the last bend on the downpipe.
21285, RE: FLex Section
Posted by SANDMAN, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>does it matter where you install the flex section? Is there
>a place that sells a 2 3/4" flex section, that 3 inch one I
>got is pretty big. The problem was that the downpipe came
>really close to the oil pan and I'd have to make the
>downpipe longer so it would go lower then install the flex
>section which would cost me $$$$. Darn looks like gotta
>install the flex section just how can I is the questions....

It matters. You want it before the cat, this will take strain off of the Downpipe and allow it to flex under load. Just get a 6-10" section, weld a flange to on end, then cut you dp to fit it, then weld the other to the DP.

The star kit doesn't come with one??? That's nuts, I'm suprised people haven't be snapping bolts in the turbo or cracking the welds? If you want a good deal on a flex section I can hook you up, just let me know what size you want and I can get you a price (lower than RRE and the same brand which is Jacgo)
21286, RE: FLex Section
Posted by rpm97talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I actually dont have a cat. The flex pipe is close to my oil pan but not close enough to cause a heat problem. Its an easy fix , just make sure you get a good muff shop. late mike
I generated this page in 0.012573957443237 seconds, executing 7 queries.