Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectis it a great buy
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=20250
20250, is it a great buy
Posted by dsmlights, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys my friend with a 1gen selling me a trubo for 120 its a 14b he sais it leaks oil or somethin like that. well what do you guys think is this good or not cuz i know i can rebuild it to a 18g for like 500 dollars i am so happy he is also going to make my car turbo

now this is the other question will it be bad to make it turbo withouth the hrc kit or will the car be as safe as making it turbo with the kit i am just scared that the kit brings something diff since its hrc you know that if we make it turbo withouth the hrc kit just by buying parts its not going to run fast and the engine going to blow

thanks
20251, RE: is it a great buy
Posted by Skillionaire, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just save your money man. Dont know what car youre puttin it in to but im assuming its not a 1g. Gonna be a lot more money/hassle than the cost of just the rebuild.
20252, RE: is it a great buy
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would say to do more research on how turbo's work before thinking about turbocharging your car. :)

20253, RE: is it a great buy
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would also do more reasearch. I am putting together a custom kit right now and I'm up to about 750$ out of pocket (my GF bought my fuel regulator, and my dad bought my FMIC)note that I have not had my downpipe, or my oil lines made. I would say that it is by far EASIER to just buy a hahn or star kit but I am having a GREAT time putting this together, I have learned a TON of things about turbocharging. Most of the people on this board don't think that a custom kit is a good idea.
20254, RE: is it a great buy
Posted by toykilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>I would also do more reasearch. I am putting together a
>custom kit right now and I'm up to about 750$ out of pocket
>(my GF bought my fuel regulator, and my dad bought my
>FMIC)note that I have not had my downpipe, or my oil lines
>made. I would say that it is by far EASIER to just buy a
>hahn or star kit but I am having a GREAT time putting this
>together, I have learned a TON of things about
>turbocharging. Most of the people on this board don't think
>that a custom kit is a good idea.

Its far easier but I guarantee your having a lot more fun at a damn cheaper price. =]

20255, RE: is it a great buy
Posted by RxR_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yea, by the time I'm done I will probly only be out of pocket about $1100. Granted my Dad bought my FMIC and my GF bought my FPR, so if I included those parts it would be about $1350.
I generated this page in 0.015551805496216 seconds, executing 7 queries.