Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectvaccuum connections
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=19511
19511, vaccuum connections
Posted by Swsoc07, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am installing the HRC stage 1 and its 95% done. I am having some trouble understanding the vaccuum conections set up in the instructions...could someone who has done all the vaccuum connections give me a detailed explaination of what they did?? as far as hookups into the intake mani, boost guage, and bov...thanks so much
19512, RE: vaccuum connections
Posted by mitseclps, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
as far as hookups into the intake mani, boost guage, and bov...thanks so much

here's how mine was w/o the boost controller hooked up. the bov goes to the intake mani. mine was drilled in, but all you really have to do is T off one of the current lines of appropriate size. my boost gauge is T'd onto that really small line that runs near the intake piping, it was the same size as my guage line and i just got a T thing from discountautoparts. the wastegate line either goes to the intake mani or the compressor side of the turbo, i'm not sure how yours is setup. if you have a nipple on the compressor side, run it there, otherwise T it into another line on the intake manifold. it's not the best idea to T it into the same line that you T'd before, b/c in theory it slows things down, but there are a lot of lines back there, so just pick one.
19513, RE: vaccuum connections
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
your equipment will be more responsive and work correctly if you have every single vacuum line directly plugged into the intake manifold.
for example when I had my bov t off some other line it would sputter like a turkey now it just makes a nice whoosh sound everytime. same with the westgate, sometimes it would not open cus it would not recive a stong enough boost signal. Now I have no probs. Same can go to the boost gauge and fuel vacuum line.

19514, RE: vaccuum connections
Posted by 97eclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
where and how do you guys drill into the intake mani? what part of it? how do you keep the shavings from going into the mani and geting sucked in?
19515, RE: vaccuum connections
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you are going to tap the intake manifold you will have to take it off.
while you have it off you might as well bore your tb.
I generated this page in 0.0090301036834717 seconds, executing 7 queries.