Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectJust ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=16900
16900, Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Posted by RoboTechDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What else do I need to get???

I'm pretty sure that the Stage 1 comes with a boost gauge and BOV
EGT guage and probe <----- where do you get one????
air\fuel ratio gauge <----- what are some good ones and where(Corbin's?????)
gauge pods
Turbo Timer
anything else

Right now I'm scared and excited at the same time, this is gonna be my 1st turbo kit and is the sole reason why I went with HRC (tested, tech. support, and researched). Maybe I'm just anxious....damn it'll take 3 weeks to get here though.
16901, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Posted by cyan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i got my gauges (EGT and boost at least) from carparts.com
autometer 2 5/8" silver

i like corbins AF gauge, or the modded autometer from gadgetseller.com

get some synthetic oil to put in place of the oil you take out. if you got the cash get the TT now too. but get a new fuel filter and new plugs too NGK BKR7E11's (ive been boosted for 6 months and am just now doing this stuff today).
16902, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
First off, Congrats!!! Now your car is going to be faster than mine, FOR NOW }>

>EGT guage and probe <----- where do you get one????

Get the EGT gauge in the design of your choice and then buy a probe from Westach. The Autometer probes suck and are slow. Get a westach because they are very responsive and fast.

>air\fuel ratio gauge <----- what are some good ones and
>where(Corbin's?????)

Corbin's gauge is great, MUCH more acurate than autometer or other blinky design.
Also get an A/T temp, Oil pressure gauge and fittings for that, Oil temp or water temp are also good ones to have.

>gauge pods

The corbin gauge sits on the steering wheel perfect, 3 gauge pod and 2 pod cluster bezel. Boost, Tranny temp, oil pressure, EGT, and oil temp.

>Turbo Timer

Just don't boost it hard before you are going to stop and then sit in the car idling for a minute when you get there.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

16903, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Posted by 97eclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
can't the 16g be water cooled also? how hard is this to do and would this help elliminate the need for a TT if boosted very low(5-7psi)?
16904, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes the mitsu turbo can be water cooled. i think Jamesman did this. He utilized the heater core lines and re routedthe lines to pass through the turbo. I'll let him tell ya'll abou it.

kaiser
16905, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Thanks for the replies guys!!!!!! Where do you get the Westach probe from (site, part #, etc....)???? Does Corbin still sell his A\F gauge??? What about catch cans??? Sorry for so much questions. Thanks

P.S. Hey Kyle, I'll be more than happy to give your ass a ride once it is completed. Bad thing is that I don't know anyone here in Tampa that has experience turbo'ing 420A's.
16906, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are you gonna install it yourself? If so, just let me know when and I can help, I work weird hours though.

You'll really save a LOT of $$$$ doing it yourself and you'll learn a lot about your car the same time. If you aren't going to do it, talk to John from Tampa Racing because he has turbo install experience and he has a dyno. :)

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

16907, RE: Just ordered HRC stage 1 from Howell.
Thanks for the offer Kyle. Yeah, I'd much appreciate if you can help me install this because I really wanna learn a lot of my car. I ain't got shiet in experience for installing turbos, but I can change my own oil and change my own plugs. I'll give you 'something' for your time plus all the beer and mountain dew you can drink. You might wanna bring some of your tools too because my tools SUCK!!! All we have to do now is work out a schedule, I work nights from Sun. to Thurs. and I have an early weekend class from 8-5:30 pm in Saturdays. Lemme know, my kit won't arrive for a few weeks and I still have some stuff to get (gauges, AT cooler, etc...). Thanks mang!!!!!

kris
I generated this page in 0.012356042861938 seconds, executing 7 queries.