Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=14627
14627, ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by 2xtremedsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay guys, i found a shop to do the install ( I'm not mechanically inclined enough to do the install myself :( ) but looking at the money, I'm thinking I'll stick with the Stage one HRC to start with and THEN upgrade in the future. Who has done this, ( stage one to stage 2) and what can i expect from the Stage 1 initially?

Dan
14628, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by phrenzy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the stage II, but I run stage one boost level (5psi). Aside from the mild paranoia that comes with turbo-ing a car, you won't regret it. I went from a 16.21 1/4 mile time to a 14.42 (best). That's a big ass difference. :D
14629, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by toykilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Stage I has 7lb spring. It will be 6-7psi til you add intercooler. That will make it a stage II and drop the boost to around 5psi.
14630, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by Eclipze97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Stage I has 7lb spring. It will be 6-7psi til you add
>intercooler. That will make it a stage II and drop the boost
>to around 5psi.

i thought stage 1 spring was set to 4 or 5 psi. stage 2 actuator is set to 7psi.
14631, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by toykilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

>i thought stage 1 spring was set to 4 or 5 psi. stage 2
>actuator is set to 7psi.

Nah, when I put mine on at first as a stageI, I was getting 7-8psi. When I put the front mount on I was getting 5psi. I needed a boost controller to up it higher. I think everyone on here that went from stageI to stageII had to do the same thing as well. I remember corbin getting like 4-5psi after the intercooler and 7psi before? Something like that.
14632, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whne you first take your car out for a drive you will have a smile across your face for about 3 hours!!! It is such a big difference. The sounds are new and the speed is incredible. You go from worrying if your going to beat the SI that has just pulled up next to you at a light to laughing at him when you easily pull away from him like he was standing still. I also have a habit of giving everyone a BOV salute. I just cant control my urge to make the BOV go off when I pass cars.
14633, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
My only wish is that I was pushing enough boost to blow off when I rev. maybe I just don't have enough backpressure...heh
14634, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your turbo's too big to spool in first at idle. Only a turbo as small as a T-25 or so can do that.
14635, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used to be able to make my BOV go off when I revved my car when I had stage one.
14636, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Hey Jason,

That makes complete sense; however, how come it seems like all these Supras, etc are revvin then blowin off? I know I can't be sporting a bigger turbo than most Supras...?
14637, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
A stock Supra doesn't have a single large turbo. They have (if i remember correctly, not a real Supra buff) a small one for low end and a big one for up top. So, yeah, they have at least one small turbo that can do that. Also, in an auto, you can powerbrake and blow off.

If i rev to 6500RPM and let off, i'll blow off - you just can't hear anything over the rest of the car.
14638, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Posted by 420aVenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ryan95i4 has a Video of his blowing off at idle w/ a HRC kit... I'll try to find the link...

http://www.asog.net/phantom/pics/movies/

It's the "bov-idle.mpg" video.
14639, RE: ok.. what can i expect to gain from a hrc stage 1?
Same here Dino, the damn motors just so freakin loud you can't hear it. That and I don't really just sit and rev my motor too much, at least not past about 4000.
I generated this page in 0.0079798698425293 seconds, executing 7 queries.