Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectHELP FUEL PRESSURE TUNING
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1292
1292, HELP FUEL PRESSURE TUNING
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
HELP HELP HELP

Since I have an Vortec adjustable FMU, I want to tune my fuel system pressure right. Which calibration disc should I be using? Right now it's set to use the largest one.

I am running stock injectors right now on my 1995 Talon ESi. Can someone kindly provide me with some figures (or even better a fuel pressure vs boost curve) so I can utilize my FMU to the fullest extent? ie 5 psi, what fuel prsesure? 6 psi, what fuel pressure? 7 psi? 8psi? 9 psi?

Since my Walbro pump's flow rate drops tremendously after 100 psi, is it wise if I restrict my fuel pressure to not go above 100 psi?

BTW, how do you determine what the injector flow rate should be given a boost amount?

l e o n

1293, RE: HELP FUEL PRESSURE TUNING
Posted by Hoot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 30-Jan-01 AT 09:44 AM (PST)

below >>>>

1294, RE: HELP FUEL PRESSURE TUNING
Posted by Hoot, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i don't mean to try to dominate this topic, but i am pretty familiar with the calculations involved. i'm assuming that you're putting together your own turbo kit. if you have the hrc kit, i'm pretty certain that you don't have to worry about anything.

otherwise... the first thing you need to do is to calculate (or guess) how much power you will be producing at maximum output. for example if you are running 8 psi on a basically stock 2 liter engine you can expect to produce somewhere around 210-220 hp(is that close?). use that figure to calculate how much fuel you'll need to support that. then determine how much your stock injectors are capable of flowing at a reasonably increased pressure. if it's not enough, then you have to choose a larger injector, re-do the math and just play with the numbers until you find an injector and pressure combination that slightly exceeds the hp requirement of your engine (better safe than sorry) then you'll know what base pressure & boost pressure range you need to span. dividing the fuel pressure increase by the maximum boost pressure will give you your fmu ratio.

sounds complicated. it's not.

if you want to do some specific calculations, e-mail me at lilhoot@aol.com and i'll walk you through it. it's pretty simple once you do it a few times.

1295, Or...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can go to RC Engineering's site (www.rceng.com) and look around on thier page .. they have a web form that will do all the calculation for you, all you have to do is plug in the numbers.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

1296, RE: HELP FUEL PRESSURE TUNING
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oh i have the star kit, but with an adjustable fmu.

l e o n

I generated this page in 0.011902093887329 seconds, executing 7 queries.