Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectwould this intercooler fit in our cars?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=12880
12880, would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by 1995GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I found a good deal on this one

think it will fit without modification?
12881, RE: would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by Spin_Daily, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
without modification??? Ummm no.

aka:dsm1
12882, RE: would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like a top down ic... would it fit? sure but at wat price? would it be wise? BFDI

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

12883, RE: would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Without modification?

Ummmm......... No. Not a chance in hell.

Even as a side mount setup, you'd still have to cut the endtanks off and have new ones put on, or new inlets and outlets put on them... Skip it, unles you really really want to try to fit this thing.
12884, RE: would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by RAIZIN, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it will physically fit behind the bumper because that's about how thick my skyline intercooler is. but no.. you won't be able to use it unless you do modify the end tanks like mr. yancey said.
12885, RE: would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by BlackOZ, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The way the inlet and outlet are placed, you'd have to drill a hole in your radiator to get your piping to it.

12886, RE: would this intercooler fit in our cars?
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah you'd have to change out the end tanks. If you can get ir rediculously cheap like my 5 dolla starion intercooler I say go for it. It doesn't look that big though, looks like it could be used as a sidemount. That beer can and glove box isn't a good point of reference either. When I sell junkyard intercoolers on ebay I use a DVD box to show how big it is, cuz lotta people know how that looks.

Try to find a starion intercooler. If you haven't gone to a local junkyard I suggest you do so, you'd be surprised how many intercoolers are left lying around and how many turbo cars there were back in the dayz! :)
I generated this page in 0.011733055114746 seconds, executing 7 queries.