Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectModern Performance 60mm Throttle Body
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=109759
109759, Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been boosted @ 20lbs on a S20G-H for a few years now, and I must say it's been great...

My IAC Valve had been flaking out on me (even after cleaning) and picked up a MP60 TB from Babbz not really needing or wanting it, but more-less as an opportunity at a good price as I knew my TB was coming off to fix the IAC. I've heard a lot about the MP60 over the years, the issues with it and how some people really liked it, but kinda discounted it as a 'love it or hate it' thing.

...but holy sh*t is the MP60 nice!

I thought it would add some pep on the lowend, but not enough to warrant the cost. I must say wow was I wrong... my car *really* screams now (even more than before), what a difference. And this is WITHOUT gasket matching or porting the intake manifold, and just slapping the thing on. I'm sure the 60mm straight through (not funneled/reduced) makes a good difference, but I wonder how much of it is due to the oblong cable tensioner/holder/whatever that's caught so much flak.

Regardless, if you're boosted, you should definitely pick one up if you get the chance!

Just thought I'd share :),
- J

109760, RE: Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to try one for years now, just haven't had the money and the right deal come along together at the same time.
109761, RE: Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body
Posted by TheRedBarren, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just bought a used one for $120... cant wait to try it out!
109762, RE: Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body
Posted by Red90Sev, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, the MP60mm is a must have if you're turbo... Along with an AMM intake manifold........ and a 3 inch tbe. :) Aaaaand maybe ported head with cams...... And...... :twitch
I generated this page in 0.010365009307861 seconds, executing 7 queries.