Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectIs my MAP sensor dead?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=108742
108742, Is my MAP sensor dead?
Posted by Sllew, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was trying to tune my symtech fcd, and using the multimeter set to dc voltage. With the negative on the negative wires, and the positive to the "out" wire and the voltage stays around 2 volts. When I unplug the MAP sensor and blow into it the voltage goes to zero.
With the positive to the "in" wire on the fcd which is the output on the MAP sensor I get zero volts no matter what.
I don't think Im using the multimeter wrong because I put the positive to the 12 volt switched on the fcd and it gives me 12 volts.

The car is also studdering at lower rpms, around 2 to 3 thousand, but I don't know if its because of that or because I'm running an open downpipe at the moment.
108743, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
And now I just tried to tune my BEGI fpr at full boost, 5 psi, stage 1, and im getting like 140 psi on my fuel pressure guage! WTF
Oh and the needle on it is out all the way.

Guessing something blocking the fuel return line?
Hose might be pinched a little by the hood, but idle fuel pressure is only 5 psi off with the hood closed.
108744, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you make sure to remove the shrader valve from the fuel rail before installing the return line?
108745, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Yes I did.

Is there anyway that the o2 sensors not being hooked up is causing it to dump more fuel?
I guess I'll find out if they're the problem later today if I can get into the muffler shop.
108746, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Sllew
Is there anyway that the o2 sensors not being hooked up is causing it to dump more fuel?

Not likely, especially to that degree.
108747, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Damn, I don't see any kinks in the return line either.
Could that little aluminum thing in the FPR already be broken after a few days?
108748, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Ok, now I took my vac hose off of the fpr and back on because I saw on here somebody else did that and now my fuel pressure goes down a little when in boost and then jumps up to like 80 psi when i let off the gas.
108749, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Nevermind that last part, fuel pump fuse blew.
Now I'm back to really high fuel pressures
108750, RE: Is my MAP sensor dead?
Ok, I think I figured out the high fuel pressure thing.
I put a checkvalve on the vac line between the turbo/wastegate line to the fpr.
Even though that line is not supposed to be getting vac I guess it was getting some.
I generated this page in 0.0091848373413086 seconds, executing 7 queries.