Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: Water injection questions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=108473&mesg_id=108976
108976, RE: Water injection questions
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SilvrEclips
It seems like it would be easier to just piece a kit together from Devils own or some other water injection site. I built my whole kit for around 200 if IRC. And that was with a tank and pump also. It would also be bolt on and not have to worry about welding.

Including the pump too? I will have to poke around over at Devils Own. Still, I know that EZ wants the DIY kit to incorporate a lightweight AC pump.

Some further points of interest I want to open to debate:
-will placement of fogging nozzle before the throttle plate have any negative affects with regard to corrosion?

-in a charge pipe, the nozzle is exposed to boost only (requiring a check valve), as opposed to boost/vac exposure as seen in the intake manifold. If in a boost/vac situation, a solenoid is necessary to prevent siphoning of water during vacuum conditions.

-thoughts on the even distribution when a single nozzle is placed before the throttle plate: cyl 4 receiving less water than cyl 1? If true, consider a direct port style kit with individual fogging nozzles placed in each runner. Nozzles will then need to be sized accordingly.
I generated this page in 0.0076138973236084 seconds, executing 6 queries.