Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectFuel Pressure Regulator + FMU
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=107076
107076, Fuel Pressure Regulator + FMU
Posted by tec_41, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello, my stock fpr is leaking like mad and is totally shot. Rather than investing in a new fuel rail (its a 95, the fpr is on the rail) I'd like to get an adjustable fpr to tune my turbo setup a little bit better. I'm a bit confused though as far as a few things go that a search couldn't answer for me...

I'm running a 12:1 Vortech FMU. If I remember correctly, this was hooked up to the return line, like the fpr should be. If I install a fpr, will I be interfering with the FMU at all? If not, does it matter which side I install the regulator on? Thanks for any advice!
107077, RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator + FMU
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll assume that you are getting a stand alone 1:1 FPR. If you want the fuel system to operate similarly to the way it does now, you will want to put the new FPR in the return line, right after the fuel rail. The FMU should go in the return line, right after the new FPR.

The question is what you will do about the leaking stock FPR. Is it an internal or external leak? Do you intend to remove it and come up with some sort of O-ringed cap for the end of the fuel rail? Or will you disable the stock FPR and replace its O-ring to fix the leak (assuming the leak is external)? You could just forget about this adjustable FPR business and buy a new stock FPR for about $52 from www.rockauto.com.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki
107081, RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator + FMU
Posted by tec_41, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks for the input, it is an internal leak going through the vacuum line into the manifold. So I could just cap it off...

I could get a new one, but I thought it'd be a better idea to have the adjustability to tune my fuel system a bit.
I generated this page in 0.0080997943878174 seconds, executing 7 queries.