Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectmore turbo news
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1016
1016, more turbo news
Posted by jPhright rs t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok, so today we replaced the MAP and TPS...and installed the turbo timer...
i got the car back- seemed to run fine...
unfortunately, when i got home the turbo timer wouldn't work
i would turn off my car, and it would try to start the car up again...very odd...after that- it wouldn't even try, it would just count down...and i don't know what to do because the instructions are in japanese...
well, i decided to take the car out on the highway for a good test drive...
i ran into the same problem- the car bogged down...rpms dropped, i downshifted to raise them...it happened again...then nomatter how much i tried to compensate with throttle- it wouldn't aknowledge it...and then it died...
tried to start her up again- it took, and then died as soon as i tried to give it throttle...it idled ok for a little while though...
so tomorrow- i'm going to mitsubishi to figure out EXACTLY what is going on...
the first time it did this- i noticed that it was really hot (normal for turbo) but it almost smelled like something plastic was burning a little- i'm not sure though- and we didn't see anything...
we'll figure out what's up tomorrow...any ideas?
oh yeah- because i'm having to spend so much money on towing and parts and all of this crappola- i'm being forced to sell my centerforce df modular clutch that i bought by accident and my fidanza lightened flywheel...i got the clutch for 375 and the flywheel for 350...
i'll post tomorrow...

jP
I generated this page in 0.010836124420166 seconds, executing 7 queries.