Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subject2 Topics: Water Cooling and Radiator Fans
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=100468
100468, 2 Topics: Water Cooling and Radiator Fans
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
1.) I have one of the all metal radiators from Radiatorbarn.com. At the bottom, it has like an inlet and outlet tube that is hooked to nothing. Can I connect to those to use for water cooling? Would coolant circulate... i dunno.

2.) I have Blizarre's old turbo setup that faces the opposite direction, which requires the removal of the AC fan. No problem, but the downpipe looks like it will be maybe 1/4" away from the plastic of the other fan.

Will header wrap be sufficient in heat blocking from the fan? Would a heat shield be more effective? Can I remove both fans? Do I need slim-line fans?

thanks
100469, RE: 2 Topics: Water Cooling and Radiator Fans
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by .bs0d
1.) I have one of the all metal radiators from Radiatorbarn.com. At the bottom, it has like an inlet and outlet tube that is hooked to nothing. Can I connect to those to use for water cooling? Would coolant circulate... i dunno.

I have the exact same radiator and those are for the automatic cars as a tranny fluid cooler. As far as moving water through, I would think a pump would be necessary. At one time I was looking into using it as an oil cooler using the oil pressure to move oil through. I remember searching and reading somewhere Corbin saying that without knowing exactly what the specs on the cooler are, that using it for anything other than its original intention is probably not a great idea, and that getting something that is made for your needs is a better option. That's not saying it cannot be done. Do your homework and make it happen.
I generated this page in 0.0090768337249756 seconds, executing 7 queries.