Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRE: She's alive! (pics and video)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=97059&mesg_id=97283
97283, RE: She's alive! (pics and video)
Posted by BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dougie2
Originally posted by BOOSTED ECLIPSE No, we actually decreased lobe separation. I hope I can explain this. Look at the engine when one of the cylinders is on the exhaust stroke. When the piston is at or near the top of the exhaust stroke, if the exhaust is retarded the valve will close later. And if the intake is advance the intake valve will open sooner. This will cause the valves to be open at the same time causing valve overlap. So, if we retard the intake and advance the exhaust. This will cause the exhaust valve to close sooner and the intake to open later causing less overlap. I hope I made sense. :shrug
Ah, I see... so that's another thing we need to adjust. I still don't think that's the main issue, but we definetely need to go back and reduce that overlap. I'm ordering the Crane box today so we have a solid ignition system to work with. On a side note, we ordered a GT4088R for the GSX today... and the Lincoln 225 TIG welder will be here on Wednesday. }(

Yeah, I also think most of the problem is ignition. Hopefully the crane box will fix it.

Matt called me a few minutes ago to tell me about the GT4088R. He was giggling like a little girl. :P
I generated this page in 0.010130167007446 seconds, executing 6 queries.